Rules Congress

I always thought there where 2 judges on percussion ,one up in the box on GE and total show ,the other on the field

Yowza yowza yowza

In DCI, electronics led to four-plus years of heavy bass goo, which corps only began to rein in during 2013 and 2014. Amplified voice gave us such abominations as Crown's "Looooove" poem in 2004 and BD's "Yowza" narrator in 2005. But better that than sampling, where a focal point of the performance isn't even delivered live or by a corps member. In the case of Cadets this summer, the sheer fact that prerecorded sounds are permitted left half the audience incorrectly assuming the speaker was just lip-syncing.

So... please learn from DCI's mistakes, DCA.

• Like 1

I can't believe I'm the first one to post, but I saw this on Facebook:

Electronic instruments (synths), sampling, and voice amplification has been approved for 2015

I can't wait to start rehashing the same old arguments we did when the junior corps did this 5 years ago.

Oh wait- yes I can.

• Like 3

I can't wait to start rehashing the same arguments we did when the junior corps did it 5 years ago.

Oh wait- yes I can.

I suspect we could go back and just cut and paste from the old threads.

Who said this and when???

The problem I see with electronics is in a few years the argument for electronics in DCA will be the same one as the Bb arguments that have been made.

Think about it.

Someone will be posting on the DCA boards here.Kids in DCI have come to like and expect electronics in drum corps.Therefore DCA has moved to allow electronics to bridge the gap between DCI and DCA.It will help with recruiting and retention because coming in,,the kids will feel more welcome to the activity.It will be easier for the kids to learn the music when they can hear it electronically.

Yadda Yadda Yadda.

It was ME that's who.way back in July 2009. The handwriting was on the wall!!

Oh and for all of you that said just amping the pit would not lead to electronics???? WRONG

http://www.drumcorpsplanet.com/forums/index.php/topic/126976-dca-dci-and-electronics/

Edited by camel lips

I partially liked Tom Peashey "personal opinion" in the above referenced thread.

Personal Opinion

despite serious financial and logistical questions, I've never been against a little electricity in the pit for equipment that was designed for it and traditionally uses it...

that being said... if you open the door... to let the VW bug through - SOMEONE will drive a bus through even if they scrape the sides of the bus going through...

Adding bass guitars that are adjusted and amplified to sound like Contras or synthesizers that are flat out amazing and can replace dozens of bodies - adding anything the artificially replaces performers is simply WRONG...

period...

end of discussion... Tom Peashey

• Like 2