Nashville event tickets?

It does not appear as though tickets for the Nashville/Murfreesboro event are on sale yet. Anyone have any info on this? I know they had to move the event to Vandebilt last season, and when the schedule was announced for 2015 the venue was marked as tba.

Hope it's vandy

I've been attending the show in Murfreesboro for years and hope DCI returns there in 2015. Vanderbilt was a mess last summer. Terrible parking, long concession lines and tiny main entrance. The only worse stadium was Lebanon, IL.

• Like 1

I don't quite understand all the nostalgia for Murfreesboro. I too, have attended that stadium many years. The seating is cramped - and concessions?

The attendance at Vandy would indicate that there's good reason to return (though I think there's a good chance of returning to Murph). Keep in mind that after changing venues, refunding tickets, and reselling tickets, this show attracted OVER 11,000 fans. Outside of Indy and Atlanta, this was one of the most attended shows of the year. The crowd was terrific (I was there), the stadium spacious, and was a great night for drum corps. One of the challenges was a HUGE walk up crowd. Probably one of the biggest walk ups I've ever seen - for any kind of event. So, perhaps that may have something to do with the overall experience.

Vanderbilt Stadium is in no way a modern sports stadium in terms of size and amenities (it's not Lucas Field), but the field is state of the art field turf, and it location in the heart of Nashville makes it unique.

MTSU tends to not attract many people from Nashville for much of anything, and the stadium features hard metal seats. Plus. there just isn't anything in Murfreesboro as far as night life. DCI will always get the hard core fans, but common fans simply won't drive to Murfreesboro. You will never have a walk-up crowd for anything at MTSU.

The other key thing is, you're not going to get the Nashville media to cover a Murfreesboro event.

Regardless, I will be there either way, but it would be nice to know what is going on.

where exactly would they do warmups? cost v. college stadiums?

Not to mention the fact that DCI event organizers generally do not like holding their shows on grass fields.