Electronics policies in the Cavaliers?

no, I believe it is a locked trunk with sub-compartments kept on a locked corps vehicle. The truth.

However, the logic does fail when permission to use other person's phones for non-emergency calls is allowed, even post contest.

The original ban was to take away distractions which prevented members from getting to know each other as deeply as the corps pre-cell phones did.

In my mind, relationships can't be mandated, legislated, or demanded. They happen naturally or not at all. JMHO

Members are allowed to borrow phone from volunteers, management and staff. Post-show is a popular time for phone borrowing.

hmmmmm.... apparently all the volunteers , mgmts and staff each have 3 or 4 spare phones lying around to distribute them to most every member (and in the case of staff members, have one to keep for themselves) . yep. that's the ticket. borrowed phones :-)

And again we get into a discussion that doesn't affect anybody on here. No phones allowed when I marched, I survived. We didn't have them. Did some guys sneak them in? Sure, boys will be boys. But the main thing was on the bus, we didn't want the distraction on the bus. We wanted the experience to be time with your brothers getting to know them during the summer. I can tell you this, we knew the (extremely) few guys that snuck phones on tour and we never saw them out on the bus. Those guys were also really brave, because if Fielder had found out you wouldn't have survived the meeting that took place about it.

• Like 2