Resources for a newbie to learn rifle?

Eleran

I found an old video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JWVHzPbVcJ0

It`s all that plus hard work, fun and balance. There`s so much physics and physical going on in guard; balance is the keyword.

I learned more about music in winter guard than in drum corps. Too bad about copyright rules. Listen to the music and move to the music from your heart.

• Like 2

No worries; the kids know they can pick and choose what they want to do (including dropping my preferred sports or other activities, which they have done). This one played four years of soccer, is in her fourth year of volleyball (first at the competitive level), her 6th year of ballet, her second year of chorus, her first year of clarinet, does the drama week production when it comes around ... and still has plenty of sleepovers, TV and general goofing off. She will likely take these bi-weekly sessions through April, then maybe attend a clinic/camp during summer if there is an appropriate one around. But she probably won't have an opportunity to actually compete for another 2.5 years, when she can join the high school's marching band. The winterguard options for her are too far away to be feasible at her age.

The only hard and fast rule I've had for all 5 of mine that marched is that once it got to be March, they were committed, come what may, until the end.

I've had a couple of them beg me to come get them about the mid-way point of the season, only to have it turn into the best year of their lives.

They can drop in/out of anything, but not once the commitment is made - once you're on the bus, you're on until everyone gets off.

Gotta have SOME rules.

• Like 1

That's a very nice video!

Yes it is and I like it too. Tell your daughter color guard is in the news today and 10 guards are going to perform with 10 performers in Ontario and New York in June. Very Cool!

http://www.thestar.com/entertainment/2015/01/21/luminato-to-premiere-david-byrnes-contemporary-color-spectacle-at-acc.html

• Like 1

i believe there are winter guard's for that age group, alas i don't know to much to be useful in this situation. :P

• 2 weeks later...

i believe there are winter guard's for that age group, alas i don't know to much to be useful in this situation. :P

I've seen guard members as young as 4 years old perform locally. Of course they didn't travel to WGI finals. Many guards don't but it's cool that many guards of all ages can perform Somewhere. If all the guards went to WGI prelims and finals, the contest would last a week, maybe a month LOL. After yoga class tonight, I clicked on WGI FN and ended up in Neverland or the NeverEnding Story (ie you tube). Here we go, buggy eyed again! I liked the old organized FN. Oh bother :)