Being redirected from forums to ad site.

Using both Explorer and Chrome, when I click on any forum or post, after arriving at my location my browser jumps to lemode-mgz.com. If I then hit the back button, it generally lets me stay on DCP until I click to another location within the forums, and then it sends me away again. Very annoying. I don't think it's my computer because no other sites that I visit seem to be affected.

That's very strange. I've just had a quick look at the rendered source and don't see any reference to that site. A quick inspection of the forum software does not indicate any changes or evidence of code that would cause that redirection.

I have not experienced, nor have heard any other reports, of this behavior. A thorough virus scan of your computer may reveal some nasties lurking.

I'll watch this thread for any other reports.

-john

Is anyone else experiencing the sensation of ad websites popping up and covering up a thread whenever you go to a thread? It's been happening to me for the last 5 minutes.

I've been getting those today too. It's more like i call for a page by clicking a link and it immediately forwards to an advert page which I have to use the back button on the browser to get to the page I want. so not a true 'pop up' where you click to get rid of it.

Is anyone else experiencing the sensation of ad websites popping up and covering up a thread whenever you go to a thread? It's been happening to me for the last 5 minutes.

I had it yesterday for several minutes. The pages were redirected to some ad-filled magazine (not a popup though - the whole page redirected). I looked up the URL to see if it was associated with a known hack, but didn't find anything immediately. Last year a similar problem emerged that DCP fixed with a simple MySQL edit. Could you post the destination URL?

It's also possible that an ad you and I got at different times caused the redirection, rather than a problem at DCP itself.

This thread may get moved to the support board, but when I posted there about a similar issue last year there was no immediate response so hopefully it will be left here for a little while at least.

UPDATE: John is on it. It has been posted to the support board. N.E. Brigand has the URL: lemode-mgz.com. That's the one I experienced as well.

http://www.drumcorpsplanet.com/forums/index.php/topic/161475-being-redirected-from-forums-to-ad-site/#entry3423516

This thread in World Class is also about this issue:

http://www.drumcorpsplanet.com/forums/index.php/topic/161479-pop-up-ads/

It happened to me yesterday, same URL N.E. Brigand mentions. It's something about these pages, although the difference in time suggests to me it may be an ad that is triggering this. If it happens again I'll try to take note of the ads.

A similar problem happened two years ago:

http://www.drumcorpsplanet.com/forums/index.php/topic/154946-dcp-infected/

I believe the solution was basically the one described here:

http://abhisays.com/tips-and-tricks/how-to-fix-forum-redirecting-to-url2short-info.html

Could it be a related problem this time?

I have not been able to duplicate the problem, so am unable to do any real troubleshooting. As noted in the thread in the Support Forum (where these things need to go), I've reviewed the forum code and data ... and cannot find a reference to the reported URL.

It would be helpful if someone would send me the HTML (Right-click, View Source, then Save to File) for an afflicted page, so I can have a look. Send the saved HTML to support-at-drumcorpsplanet.com.

Thanks!

-john