Brand New Corps...Birmingham, Alabama

It is with great pleasure that we announce the formation of a brand new corps...The Southern Knights! The corps will be based out of the Birmingham, Alabama area. Founded on 1/5/15, we are in the process of assembling a great staff of professionals to lead the corps into the realm of outdoor pageantry. The Southern Knights will be all-age, so members can begin, or continue their drum corps experience for years to come. You can follow our progress on facebook at https://www.facebook.com/southernknights1, or at our website at www.southernknightscorps.org. We will take the summer of 2015 to build the foundation, and enter competition in 2016. See y'all on the field!!!

• Like 1

Best of Luck the south can use a few more corps .

Best of Luck the south can use a few more corps .

Absolutely. Two organizations in FL back in 2016, This team in AL, combined with Alliance and CV, they're starting to get that critical mass where they can host more contests, and push one another to the top. A good sign for the activity indeed.

Absolutely. Two organizations in FL back in 2016, This team in AL, combined with Alliance and CV, they're starting to get that critical mass where they can host more contests, and push one another to the top. A good sign for the activity indeed.

Someone also announced a new corps in Lexington, KY, to participate in DCI Open then the final few weeks of DCA.

Someone also announced a new corps in Lexington, KY, to participate in DCI Open then the final few weeks of DCA.

Somehow I don't think the rules allow corps to do that ...

• Like 3

.The Southern Knights! The corps will be based out of the Birmingham, Alabama area.

By the way, do you anticipate any issues from the choice of name for the corps? I'm not familiar enough with Alabama, but I imagine there are some areas of the South where people might hear the name and think of a certain other organization.

• Like 3

I thought Southwind was trying to come back in Mobile? As a Soundsport team.

Somehow I don't think the rules allow corps to do that ...

"Any corps that competes as a junior corps (for example, a World Class or Open Class corps in Drum Corps International or similar classes in a similar organization) in the current season, is immediately ineligible to compete in any DCA sanctioned contest against DCA all-age corps in that season.

Furthermore, a corps that competes in a DCA sanctioned contest against any DCA all-age corps, and then subsequently competes as a junior corps, or against a junior corps in the same season, shall be ineligible to compete in any further DCA contests in that season (including the championships), shall forfeit any share points earned, and forfeit their membership in DCA."

Source: DCA Rule Book

• Like 1