Season 23 Sweepstakes Standings

Galen

After clarifying the scores from the Pittsburgh event, here are the first set of Sweepstakes scores from this weekend's events.
SweepstakesScoresWeek1_zps60804306.jpg

• Like 1

Interesting that using the 95 point limit for Class A, the mathematically highest scores do so poor in the early season. Huh.

The second round of sweepstakes scores have been tallied. Here are the updated results after 2 events:

Sweepstakes%20Scores%20Week%202_zpstpmwy

Scores have been posted for the third slate of events. World Class is really starting to tighten up, while Mercury and Hg have each pulled out a lead in their respective divisions.

Sweepstakes%20Scores%20Week%203_zpsiyzij

I never understood how the sweepstakes standings work :sleepy:

From what I understand it is to reward consistent placing. Rather than coming from nowhere in the finals to win the entire division it is a reward for usually placing high in the standings from the start.

Jhawk's correct, it's a separate "trophy" that awards corps for consistent finishes throughout the season. The top 6 finishing corps at designated events earn points that accumulate over the course of the season, based on their placement at these events, and the Sweepstakes Award is presented to the highest scoring corps in each division at the end of the season, as well as the highest scoring overall corps (regardless of division), which was designed to make the focus of DCPI about more than just corps in the World Class division. I don't have an exact number, but I know that there have been more winners of the Overall Award from Open Class and Class A than from World Class over the years, so that is definitely working.

Jhawk's correct, it's a separate "trophy" that awards corps for consistent finishes throughout the season. The top 6 finishing corps at designated events earn points that accumulate over the course of the season, based on their placement at these events, and the Sweepstakes Award is presented to the highest scoring corps in each division at the end of the season, as well as the highest scoring overall corps (regardless of division), which was designed to make the focus of DCPI about more than just corps in the World Class division. I don't have an exact number, but I know that there have been more winners of the Overall Award from Open Class and Class A than from World Class over the years, so that is definitely working.

You nailed it. Look at the DCPI History thread.

http://www.drumcorpsplanet.com/forums/index.php/topic/153080-updated-dcp-i-history/

Of the 9 Sweepstakes awards.

The overall winner was:

Class A - 5 wins

Open - 3 wins

World - 1 win

Standings after the fourth weekend of events. A lot of movement from the western corps this week, with Mercury remaining perfect in Open Class for the season so far and Stars of St. Louis rocketing to the top of Class C after their sweep of the western regional championships.

Sweepstakes%20Scores%20Week%204_zpsnbjzp

Updated standings after the regionals. Mercury have established themselves as the frontrunners in Open Class, while Xothyme used a strong weekend run to vault to the top of Class A. And in World Class, Ivory Brigade retained the top spot, making them the first World Class corps to repeat at the top of the standings this season.

Sweepstakes%20Scores%20Week%2045_zpseajw