The "Music Corps Should Do" thread

I'd LOVE to hear more Grainger, looking at corpsreps not a lot of stuff used to my surprise.

An all "Lincolnshire Posy" show would be beautiful, not sure who I'd picture doing it but it'd be gorgeous. Pre 2014 I woulda said Blue Knights, love what they did with the two Grainger pieces in 2011.

Working on "The Power of Rome and the Christian Heart" where I'm going to school right now, not sure how the heck it'd transfer to the field but there are some potentially massive brass moments that be killer on the field, and some very intricate writing throughout the rest of the piece. Love the overall mood of it, would provide for some very interesting source material.

I very definitely could see "Lord Melbourne" as a fanfare opening. Carolina, perhaps?

Cathedrals by Jump Little Children

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VJNkfgeN3K0

• 2 weeks later...

I would like to see move towards the darkness from the Addams family. Could make a beautiful ballad for anyone

I'm really surprised that no corps has taken a swing at the Finale of the Brahms #2 as a closer by now (at least, according to Corpreps).

I feel like we should have a spotify or youtube playlist for this or something.

Cathedrals by Jump Little Children

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VJNkfgeN3K0

Yes, yes, yes. Phenomenal song. Come to think of it, there are a lot of artists who fall under the Baroque Pop/Indie Folk genres that could translate very well to the field, and in fact, some corps already have tried. Bluecoats with Fiona Apple, Rufus Wainwright & Bon Iver, BDB with Lana Del Rey, Blue Knights with Regina Spektor, etc.

I would love to see some corps use music from Belle & Sebastian, Arcade Fire, Copeland, Iron & Wine, Tori Amos and Sufjan Stevens. All of them have plenty of source music that could translate to the field (I'm looking at you, Bloo).