High hopes for the Coats this year. Hope I love this year's show just as much as last year.

They have a design team that thinks outside the box which is a huge plus. They'll be best served if they stay far away from what they did last year for artistic credibility.

Well we know Cadets will do 10 snares, this Bluecoat vid has 9, and Crown has 8.

Bluecoats horns seem very, very shiny. Mike Fatty Fanning, a Canadian, doesn't seem fazed by the snow and winter weather.

He is so cool. He was my seat partner in 1999.

They have a design team that thinks outside the box which is a huge plus. They'll be best served if they stay far away from what they did last year for artistic credibility.

Actually, they just tilted the box a few degrees, but I think they stayed inside of it.

Mike

• Like 2

Actually, they just tilted the box a few degrees, but I think they stayed inside of it.

Mike

Ha! A double-double-entendre. Very excellent use and command of phraseology.

Kind of like: When forced inside the box, change the box. But that rationale is so In The Box.

Very clever, Mike.

as far as I ever root for particular corps, I'd like to see the Bluecoats keep up their momentum. it's been quite a while since a corps has had a sustained run as 'the fans' corps.' As much as I rolled my eyes at the cavalier groupies in all their squealing brighteyes-ness, they did bring a certain energy that the discerning body of enlightened imposing fans sometimes refrain from.

in the years post-Machine, I don't think I've seen one corps hold the hearts/minds of the screaming fans for a sustained period. Phantom had them with Spartacus, then lost 'em with Violin. Crown seems to win the fans in odd year, then lose them in even years. Blue Devils have always been a 'they're really good, but i like....'

The cavie-groupies are still around, but they aren't the giggling swarm they used to be.

The pressing horde around the Bluecoats souvie booth on saturday of finals, though, was like nothing I'd seen in terms of sudden affection. and, for the first time in my tenure, folks were regularly inquiring at the Unit about old BC shows . so I'm really looking forward to their 2015 show, hopefully they keep up the 'pleasing-but-not-pandering' style and maintain all the momentum they got from last year. things are more fun when there's a 'that corps' that has much and sustained and vocal fan-love.

[above-stated opinions are not meant to praise or bury any corps, simply a reflection on the temperature-taking of the crowds as I observe and interact with them in the wild. I love all corps equally, save for the hometeam whom I love most of all in adherence to contractual agreements.]

• Like 2