Jet packs, G bugles and supersonic drill. What we might see this year

Technically we won't really know until this season is done. For all we know it could be radically different than last year. Elephants. Laser lights. Trapeze artists.

I would like to see a short football game during intermission.

Give it time; you'll get it.

• Like 2

You can't mean Sparky the dragon??? The Fisherman they got off the fishsticks box has been gone for years.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_York_Islanders#Mascot_and_Ice_Girls

But if you are referring to the not-so-popular or well thought out shift from the Nassau Cty Coliseum to a new ice arena, consider this.

Brooklyn is geographically on L.I. which is why it was a separate city from NYC until it merged in 1898, a month before Brasso was born; Queens is geographically on L.I.

Google "The Battle of Long Island" and you will learn historically that this Revolutionary War struggle was in Brooklyn Heights.

In today's lingo, that term refers to the commuter's battle to get out of the city and onto the L.I.E., the world's longest parking lot.

(P.S., and to qualify this post as valid discussion for DCP,

The predecessor to the Islanders were a team known as the L.I. Ducks who played at the old Commack arena.

Between periods, they had various L.I. drum corps perform. Selden Cadets, Smithtown Freelancers, and Medford Grenadiers were three such corps.

I think I am morphing into JimF-LowBari, ha, ha.

Edited by xandandl

Man, we talked about jet packs and 3-D drill when i marched in the mid 90's, guess some things don't change, ha!!!