SCV 2015

To snipe is an acceptable English and American word and infinitive from the Old Norse then into the Dutch then into English after William of Orange and the Battle of the Boyne.

The fifth meaning given after certain birds, etc. is to persist in criticism. In three dictionaries I checked the examples given were equivalent to barrage.

methinks thou art focusing on the wrong part of thy compound word...

To snipe is an acceptable English and American word and infinitive from the Old Norse then into the Dutch then into English after William of Orange and the Battle of the Boyne.

The fifth meaning given after certain birds, etc. is to persist in criticism. In three dictionaries I checked the examples given were equivalent to barrage.

Wait -- can we have a snipe hunt? :tounge2:

I like the Santa Clara Vanguard. Looking forward to 2015!

• Like 1

^^^

What he said...

Now that we're back on topic, we all know percussion will continue to be a strength but can brass or guard improve to make SCV top 3? Or will this year's show design boost the corps?
  • Like 1

Now that we're back on topic, we all know percussion will continue to be a strength but can brass or guard improve to make SCV top 3? Or will this year's show design boost the corps?

Brass seems to be ever so slightly be trending up, compared to where they were in 2011, I think they'll keep improving. When we think about last year in brass, it'll be tough to get it the ranks of Crown, BD, Cadets, and Bluecoats, but IF their show is strong enough and they can get as close as possible spread wise to those corps in the captions, you never know. Guard's been pretty solid, to my untrained eye and looking at scoring, to me. They were 6th in 2015 (after 4th in prelims and 5th in semis), but not by too big of a spread, well except to BD. To me it just lies in a very intelligently designed show that pushes them just a little more, as much as I loved them, than the last two years to get into that elite rank. Their staff can do it, they're willing to REALLY hit at some point. I'd say the same thing about the Cavaliers, who are also really trending up right behind SCV every year. Both corps to watch trend wise.

SCV - 6th, 5th, 4th, 4th

Cav. - 3rd, 8th , 7th, 6th

Can't believe 2004s been the last time they medaled. Too #### long if you ask me. I'd love to see them up there again. It's just a question of who could they knock out. We shall see. Regardless, sure I'll enjoy the show again.

Edited by DrumManTx

I'd say the same thing about the Cavaliers, who are also really trending up right behind SCV every year. Both corps to watch trend wise.

SCV - 6th, 5th, 4th, 5th

Cav. - 3rd, 8th , 7th, 6th

Small error, SCV was 4th last year, not 5th.

I like your read. I can't remember if I posted it on this site or r/drumcorps, but around December I predicted that this year was all about corps proving themselves, and the vanguard needed to prove they could innovate. And I think that is what this show will do for them, it will be something fresh and exciting!

Small error, SCV was 4th last year, not 5th.

I like your read. I can't remember if I posted it on this site or r/drumcorps, but around December I predicted that this year was all about corps proving themselves, and the vanguard needed to prove they could innovate. And I think that is what this show will do for them, it will be something fresh and exciting!

Fixed, thanks for pointing that out. And yes, I agree. Not much released about the show but the title and a piece called "virus attacks" seems to be trending in that direction

It's design. The percussion strength can off set any slight deficiencies in brass (if it exists in 2015), guard is solid so if GE is there, that tends to pull the other scores up IMO. Of course, BD, Cadets always solid across the board and Crown usually in there too so it will come down to a home run design like Coats in 2014.