DCA Championships 2016 & 2017

Loiswt

So several other cities made a bid but "none of them were as attractive as Rochester"? Who were some of the "other" cities...Camden or Detroit?

let's face it.....Rochester makes business sense even if you get less than 4000 fans because they go out of their way to get the show, and the main tenant of the stadium isn't tied down to football schedules

let's face it.....Rochester makes business sense even if you get less than 4000 fans because they go out of their way to get the show, and the main tenant of the stadium isn't tied down to football schedules

And wonder how much Friday night activities tied into the decision. Had to drive up a day early to recover but Fri night was something we looked forward to with I&E and Minis indoor at the Center. With the other places (Annaplois/Scranton) the Minis were waaay down there on the field and I&E was scattered from what I was told (never made it).

Edited by JimF-LowBari
  • Like 1

So several other cities made a bid but "none of them were as attractive as Rochester"? Who were some of the "other" cities...Camden or Detroit?

a lot of it has to do with the stadiums involved

And wonder how much Friday night activities tied into the decision. Had to drive up a day early to recover but Fri night was something we looked forward to with I&E and Minis indoor at the Center. With the other places (Annaplois/Scranton) the Minis were waaay down there on the field and I&E was scattered from what I was told (never made it).

it's a total package. I'm sure friday night was a consideration. Stadium rental also had to be a factor. and lets face it, Rochester opens the door arms extended for hugs

• Like 1

Surpised no one pick Augusr 8th for a show ,now with no Kingston show ?An open week=end in DCA ?

Edited by Florida Sun

Surpised no one pick Augusr 8th for a show ,now with no Kingston show ?An open week=end in DCA ?

Party at Chuck's house!!!!! :tongue:

DCA has often not held shows that weekend of the DCI Championships, whether viewed in person or by video. Occasionally DCA has sponsored a show the day after DCI Finals (as in East Providence, Rhode Island when finals were at Foxboro, Mass, less than an hour away.)

• Like 1

DCA has often not held shows that weekend of the DCI Championships, whether viewed in person or by video. Occasionally DCA has sponsored a show the day after DCI Finals (as in East Providence, Rhode Island when finals were at Foxboro, Mass, less than an hour away.)

Incorrect. DCA has usually held shows the same weekend as DCI championships and rarely had not held one - usually due to the locality of the show. The East Prov show being the only example in recent times I can recall (and is 10 years ago really recent?)

• Like 1