Best Little Corps?

In your opinion, who as the BEST small drum corps?

I always liked the Charioteers in the 1970's. Southern Tier Grenadiers

Acadamie Musicale later on.

Yours?

Edited by KeithHall

Mandarins, especially the year they won Div III with 9 horns.

I've yet to see another performance group that could vary in size so much from year to year and yet maintain the quality the way they could back then.

• Like 2

In our opinion, who as the BEST small drum corps?

Please define the word small and define 'In our opinion'. You and who?

Kiwanis Kavaliers had young people in the early 1970's; lots of 'small' people with a big sound! Way to go kids (who are now adults btw). You were the BEST small drum corps that I saw.

I'm short in height. Does that make me small in your and whos opinion?

Please define the word small and define 'In our opinion'. You and who?

Kiwanis Kavaliers had young people in the early 1970's; lots of 'small' people with a big sound! Way to go kids (who are now adults btw). You were the BEST small drum corps that I saw.

I'm short in height. Does that make me small in your and whos opinion?

Linda - I believe Keith meant to say " In YOUR opinion......" I also believe he meant small as in fewer members. Based on the other responses I believe other DCPers believed the same.

Yes, for some reason when I type on DCP .....sometimes some letters aren't being seen. It is YOUR OPINION!

• Like 1

Absolutely 94 Americanos - Tight ensemble, super engaging show, big sound, and if memory serves, without a drum major.Those small Mandarins corps were always overachievers, too. And, yes, absolutely Academie Musicale. Anybody remember the Sancians from, I think, Weymouth, MA? Put out some really nice corps in, IIRC, the mid 80s.

Linda - I believe Keith meant to say " In YOUR opinion......" I also believe he meant small as in fewer members. Based on the other responses I believe other DCPers believed the same.

I generally don't have an opinion. Think, think, think says Winnie the Pooh (I try to find an opinion; need the facts to formulate an opinion; while fact finding I lose my train of thought)

Aha! Ventures when they had the drum line on the sideline and danced with inflatable men? Creative! A gentlemen from Butler, Pennsylvania mailed me a photo years ago. Thank you.