WGI's new platform

WGI recently began doing indoor brass as well.

Well ... winds.

Not that it is an important distinction around here. :lookaround:

• Like 1

interesting since WGI requires all guard units to submit their rep/songs and then hire copycat to do all the licensing.

they didn't use to do it. like DCI, the biggest issue is the archives

they didn't use to do it. like DCI, the biggest issue is the archives

For sure. My age-out year of WGI PIW in 1999 we did a show that likely broke so many copyrights there is no WAY I will ever see a video of that (I think the show was called "SPYE 99: Intel's Inside" - the show took place inside a computer, where we used AOL samples, did a number playing variations on the Intel theme, when a virus attacked we had 'Iron Man' anti-virus, etc). It seems weird that even that 'recent' WGI didn't seem to care about that stuff: shows how radically different the legal landscape has changed recently

For sure. My age-out year of WGI PIW in 1999 we did a show that likely broke so many copyrights there is no WAY I will ever see a video of that (I think the show was called "SPYE 99: Intel's Inside" - the show took place inside a computer, where we used AOL samples, did a number playing variations on the Intel theme, when a virus attacked we had 'Iron Man' anti-virus, etc). It seems weird that even that 'recent' WGI didn't seem to care about that stuff: shows how radically different the legal landscape has changed recently

yeah i think it was mid 2000's when they started asking for that info as part of your registration.