List/Info of Sr Corps Circuits

Just thought of this while posting somewhere else. Lot of posters like myself marched in circuits other than DCA. Might as well get the names, years and history of these circuits while we can.

Have more info at home and will fill in when I can but to start things off.

ICA (International Corps Assoc): Early-mid 80s, Empire Statesmen started off here along with rebuilding (again) Westshoremen.

RCA (Red Carpet Assoc): late 60s to late 70s, Ron Allard has the championship records on his site (Westshore, Guelph, Rockets, Erie T-Birds were the biggies and MBI every now and then)

???? - late 70s: have Hershey Chocolatier CD with this listed, will dig up the CD for the circuit(?) name

Interstate Circuit - will have to dig for more info

Eastern States: around in the early 50s, PA and NJ mostly apparently

Northeastern Circuit: early 60s until ????

marched RCA and ICA along with DCA

Edited by JimF-LowBari
  • Like 1

Add the Yankee Circuit, which had a Sr. Division ... Hurcs, Stratford, Holy Rosary, Charter Oak Sabers, and others from CT, NY and RI

• 2 weeks later...

Drum Corps Midwest had a senior division for a number of years.

marched and won Northeaster Circuit

marched and won many DCAs

anyone remember the pictures in the Parade section on the sunday news paper of the CT.Yankees

Edited by Florida Sun

RCA was......Hamburg Kingsmen, Dunkirk Patriots, Erie T-Birds, Suburban Knights, Guelph Royalaires, Johnsonburg Diplomats....who else?

RCA was......Hamburg Kingsmen, Dunkirk Patriots, Erie T-Birds, Suburban Knights, Guelph Royalaires, Johnsonburg Diplomats....who else?

I believe the Matadors were in that circuit before they became regular DCA finalists.

Also.... the Hanover Lancers and Emmaus Sentinels.

Someone who has more knowledge of this subject can confirm or deny all this. LOL.

• Like 2

I believe the Matadors were in that circuit before they became regular DCA finalists.

Also.... the Hanover Lancers and Emmaus Sentinels.

Someone who has more knowledge of this subject can confirm or deny all this. LOL.

Ron Allard has the championship results in his webpage.

LOL - MBI probably the big surprise to some people.....

http://diceman-radio.com/SrCorps/rcas.htm

I always called it the "Not Quite Ready for DCA" Circuit. $1 to SNLs "Not Quite Ready For Prime Time Players".

• Like 1

"Drum Corps Pix in the "Parade"":

YES!!!!!!!!!! Remember the old Bridgeport Post-Telegrams drum corps pictures very well. At one time or another ALL the Bridgeport area corps were featured on their pages.

Remember a story in the "Parade" about St Kevin's Emerald Knights FH soloist "Buzzy" Bergdoll... with his picture on the cover of the magazine.

There was also a spread about the old Bridgeport PAL Cadets competition color guard the Thunderbirds, complete with pictures.

Elphaba

Edited by elphaba01

The Freestatesmen!!! A name I haven't heard in a while.

Several Freestatesmen alums were the folks who ran the DCA show in Cumberland, MD, 1989 through 2000. Great people!!!