Dayton '15

Great job everyone, awesome shows all around. Wish mystique had held onto a medal, but who knows until we see the recaps.

Cavaliers Indoor jumping to the 9th spot in Independent World Finals was also pretty impressive. Congrats to all the participants, across the spectrum.

Great job too to Cadets bumping up to 6th place finish.

Both first time in World Class WGI percussion for each corps' ensemble.

I know, I was there. I still don't think it was that big of a deal. Certainly not enough to warrant a two place drop if the judges had any semblance of consistency.

Edited by gloriousgoo

I know, I was there. I still don't think it was worth that big of a deal.

But, when it's that close, within a point with about 3 other groups, one issue like that can drop you a few places. If you look at the recaps, their GE scores went from 1/2 with RCC in prelims and semis to a distant 7th and 5th in finals. You can almost bet that's what did it. If an integral part of the show isn't working........that can bite you. I thought their show was killer though.

Edited by DrumManTx

It would explain pulse getting past them. I sill see no reason why x deserved second, but then again, I am a front ensemble kid. Either way, the judging this weekend was inconsistent at best and bad at worst, and that's coming from someone who benefited from it.

• Like 2

I have always been confused by the Conflict of Interest dimension of judging in our activity, who taught whom back when and judges now, whose kid marches where and the parent/relative is judging them, who teaches at what school and works M-F with which teacher who is teaching this competing unit on the weekend...

But look at Cavaliers scores. S. Koter, usually the program director for the design team of Cavies drum corps, scores them well below the other GE judge, in fact has them 12th in Musical component.

Never ceases to amaze me.

• Like 1