BAC '93 Audio

Does anyone know where I can pickup an mp3 of BAC's '93 show? It's a good one and my old tape is dying. thanks!

Does anyone know where I can pickup an mp3 of BAC's '93 show? It's a good one and my old tape is dying. thanks!

1990 - 1994..these were the years that BAC had made their long comeback to be within striking distance of making the TOP 12 for Finals, but as of yet, could not get over that last hurdle back then ( 13th-16th range ). Regrettably, if you didn't make the TOP 12 back then, a lot of fine performances got lost to history, ( and replay ) as the non TOP 12 Shows were not generally preserved on video back then... with only the audio remaining.

Boston in '93 finished 14th in 1993... their music selections were " Russian Easter Overture "... " Scheherazade "... " The Prince and Princess ".... and " Festival in Baghdad ".

I'll check around tomorrow and see if there are any audio tapes out there on this, Alex M... and let you know what I can find.

Edited by BRASSO

great show there is a flash back of 1993 on youtube.

Regrettably, if you didn't make the TOP 12 back then, a lot of fine performances got lost to history, ( and replay ) as the non TOP 12 Shows were not generally preserved on video back then... with only the audio remaining.

Yea, this is totally not true at all. DCI does indeed have the non-finalist archives on video dating back way farther than the early/mid-nineties. in fact, you could buy them in collections and as individual tapes. 800 Video Express even had an amazing blow out sale when they ended their DCI contract in 94/95. I know because I bought the "everything" package specifically because it included all non finalists.

The next time I am in Florida I will check the storage room at my mom's place to see if I still have the tape with BAC 93 on it.

Edited by Kamarag

Actually, According to DCI, they had a fire at the old headquarters (back in Lombard, Illinois) in the late 80's, so they no longer have the video masters of most of the non-finalists from DCI's inception through the late 80's. I know, because I have inquired several times about getting specifically BAC videos from the mid 70's on to the late 80's.

Edited by craiga

Actually, According to DCI, they had a fire at the old headquarters (back in Lombard, Illinois) in the late 80's, so they no longer have the video masters of most of the non-finalists from DCI's inception through the late 80's. I know, because I have inquired several times about getting specifically BAC videos from the mid 70's on to the late 80's.

800 Video Express had the masters for everything until they lost the DCI contract in 94. I bought the everything package when they were clearing inventory (cost about $600 at the time) and it included finals and non-finals performances for corps dating back to '73. I cannot comment on what happened to the masters when DCI switched vendors in late '94, but I can confirm those videos were available. In fact, I still have them somewhere at my mom's house.

Yea, this is totally not true at all. DCI does indeed have the non-finalist archives on video dating back way farther than the early/mid-nineties. ,

Nope.

You're wrong.

Edited by BRASSO

Nope.

You're wrong.

I don't have 93, but I do have a video in mp4 format from 1990. I paid a company to remaster a copy of it for me from an individual corps performance VHS tape. I was thinking of uploading to YouTube, but then thought the DCI police would probably flag it and pull it down.

I truly wish someone would spearhead the cause and help DCI expand their archives for the fan-network to include the non-DCI finalist groups. I am sure there are more fans than just me that would love to see these historical performances. Is it really that busy in the off-season?

• Like 1