BAC '93 Audio

There are some unanswered questions here, and a warning: DCP is fairly strict on their media policies, although here we are basically discussing the existence of these recordings so hopefully no harm, no foul. Anyway...

If a fire destroyed all the earlier recordings, then DCI wouldn't have anything from before the fire, unless they had some content stored elsewhere or managed to restore part of the archive from personal collections, 1-800 Video Express, etc. Clearly something like this happened because DCI still offers videos from before the fire, including Fan Network. However, the restored archive might have been limited to what they sold (many copies of it being available) and would not have included performances that were recorded but never sold in the first place. This would be consistent with craiga's experience. Why would 1-800 Video Express have videos they weren't licensed to sell? (Unless they were they selling prelims/semis?)

It should also be mentioned that DCI won't sell you anything they didn't buy rights to sell. So you've got three barriers: Does it exist? Does DCI have it? Are they allowed to sell it to you?

I guess I will restate that I am IN THE MARKET for DCI Prelims videos of Boston Crusaders 1977/78/79/80. As DCI has told me, REPEATEDLY, that these masters were lost in a fire in Lombard, IL, I am hereby offering $100 CASH, for EACH of these years on video.

I have called DCI no less that six times over the years, posted more recently both on Craigslist and here on DCP, and have always gotten the same answer. If these videos do indeed exist, please tell me!!

I have been able to locate only 81 Allentown Prelims on youtube.

77 BAC?? That is the holy grail of BAC recordings. I believe someone somewhere in the BAC family has a recording. I am sure of it. I at one time had a recording of it, loaned it out and that was the last I saw it. I have a particular interest in that specific year.

Craig