All Girl Corps

"John Ratzenburger":

Yes. He was in the Royal Lancers. I don't really remember him from St Ann's, but I'm pretty sure he was. He was a bass drummer and MAY have played tenor.

Tim "Ace" Holleran was also in the Royal Lancers and went to PAL Cadets in 1967 after the Lancers folded. He played timbales with the Lancers and later snare drum.

I believe he marched with Andy Lisko.

Elphaba

"John Ratzenburger":

Yes. He was in the Royal Lancers. I don't really remember him from St Ann's, but I'm pretty sure he was. He was a bass drummer and MAY have played tenor.

Tim "Ace" Holleran was also in the Royal Lancers and went to PAL Cadets in 1967 after the Lancers folded. He played timbales with the Lancers and later snare drum.

I believe he marched with Andy Lisko.

Elphaba

John played straight bass drum with the Lancers through the 65 season ... he then moved to the Left Coast to pursue his acting career ... I'm fairly certain he was in St. Ann's also, as he went to school there with Donovan... I don't remember him playing tenor ... Timmy Holleran indeed played timbales in the Lancers and then tenor in 66 ... he used to march next to my wife in the Lancers ... came over to the Bpt PAL in 67 and played snare with me ... then he went on to Villanova and then also wound up on the Left Coast as a set drummer for many premier groups in the late 70's ...was regularly seen on Don Kershner's Rock Concert ... there are vintage pics of both on Park City Prides website ...

:-)

Edited by ajlisko

"Cliff Klaven Part Deux":

Andy:

Thanks so much for the bio's on John & Tim. I believe both have made appearances at Bridgeport's Barnum Festivals "Parade of Champions" show, with Tim Hollleran acting as announcer for a couple of them.

Elphaba

• 2 weeks later...

1968...I have fond memories of the Royaleer Mounties from Haddonfield. It seemed like half the guys in the Crusaders were hooked up with girls from the Mounties. Of course the highlight for me personally was when the girls -believe it or not I remember the show, a show in Little Falls- hollered "LETS GO BABY BLUE EYES". About 50 or 60 girls...fond memories. Rosie Vivolo standing next to me said "Who the hell is Baby Blue Eyes?"

Lorraine Young where ever you are a hug and kiss.

Oscar "Baby Blue Eyes" Setzer

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Heh.... there was a time when it seemed all you had to do was add "Ettes" to the end of any name, and you had a name for an all-girl corps. :tongue:

Heh.... there was a time when it seemed all you had to do was add "Ettes" to the end of any name, and you had a name for an all-girl corps. :tongue:

The Paramus Mount-ettes come to mind!

Hmmm.....too bad there wasn't an all-girl corps out of Delaware back in the day...could have been the Blue Rock-ettes. :tounge2:

• Like 1