DCI at the Movies...The Blackcoats?

OUCH!. I didn't think I was an old man...LOL

Naw, it's just trendy to do the monochrome, grayscale thingy.

I personally can't get behind this minimalist, grays/eggshell/beige/black & white/dull muted colors decor trend. Life is color and it has been well established in psychological studies that environment dictates outlook. Surround yourself with bleakness and it will most likely "creep" (pun intended) its way into your life.

Now where is my Prozac? :tounge2:

Edit: I was remarking on an existing picture someone thought needed to be retouched to be "trendy" (which also included the ever present Ren and Stimpy written graphics that evidently must be included in all of these types of artistic efforts), not that the Bluecoats were heading that direction with uniform choices.

Edited by Daave
  • Like 1

Reminds me of BD 88 and 89 - the Black and Grey Devils, and then the Black Devils.

Very much looking forward to this again this year, and I like the fact that they are doing the initial event in June live.

DCI says in the announcement: "Some theaters do sell out and spectators are encouraged to pre-order online."

I'm not trying to resurrect a DCI attendance debate, but I do have a question: has anyone ever been to a DCI theater event and the theater was actually sold out? I have been to many of these, and the theater was never even close to sold out. Granted that may be because there are more theaters in the area here showing the event, which may dilute the per theater attendance by me.

DCI says in the announcement: "Some theaters do sell out and spectators are encouraged to pre-order online."

I'm not trying to resurrect a DCI attendance debate, but I do have a question: has anyone ever been to a DCI theater event and the theater was actually sold out? I have been to many of these, and the theater was never even close to sold out.

Went to Big Loud and Live 3 (or 4) and it was sold out, but that was in Texas and for Quarterfinals.

Wow - that's good news that some of the theaters are actually selling out for these events! Means that DCI has reason to continute doing them.

Again, probably also means that more theaters by me showing the events mean more options for people and less attendance per theater.

Carry on - nothing to see here...