DCA Shows

The BigW statement is similar to how I feel about things. For me it was from a Post a last year that was on here about the Score's. Seems after a Corps Competes they get a score. THEN that score is CHANGED after a "Group" of Corps is redone in some areas.

I won't talk exactly about what happened, but it's not DCA, scores, etc. Keep in mind even the one shot Alumni gig Westshore does, it takes about one hour of rehearsal for every minute of performance. Think about that and then do the math on a competitive DCA corps. Makes you respect the efforts of everyone even more. The performance itself at Profiles was great, the audience was really appreciative of the effort.

I realized I'm really not doing it for the 15 minutes a year, it's mainly to be around people I want to be around I don't normally get to be around. Normally, I'd already be counting the days till next year for this gig. When I was laid up in the ER over Thanksgiving 2013, my main concern while they figured out what was wrong with me while I they jacked me up on crazy juice to kill the pain was that I'd be unable to perform with the corps in 2014. That's how much I did enjoy it and how much it meant to me. After 2014, I looked forward to it this year as well.

Just a combination of issues- one big issue, and a lot of little dumb ones that really don't matter when added up compared to the big one, that left me feeling like an outlier in a corps that I was with for 6 seasons, and have done the alumni gig for every year save one since '04, it just laid me low. I'm not a person who easily fits in anywhere- that's cool, I know I'm "different"- but I always felt I fit in at Westshore. I just don't feel it, and it's taken a lot of the wind out of my sails.

When I'm thinking that I might rather be binge playing World of Tanks at a friend's next year instead of doing Alumni Corps or heading to a corps show in the Summer.... something's wrong, though I do like my kitted out M18(90) Super Hellcat mucho. Just have to work it out.

As for the scoring- hmm. Keep in mind the DCA or DCI Member corps decided to go in that direction. If they feel it's not working as intended, you bet they can re-tool the system if they feel the outcomes aren't what they should be. For me- that's a very small worry. :satisfied: Feeling alone in a crowd I should never feel alone in.... to me, that's a much bigger worry inside my head. :yinyang:

• Like 2

Waiting for the official list to come out due to bad rumors in this locale that a long time DCA corps will not field despite press releases earlier announcing show, and that the alumni are hesitant about continuing the scheduled competitions without the young blood for the leg work. Parade season was abysmal, practices not any better; show concept and music considered quite "dated" by next generation.

I hope Kidsgrove doesn't get burnt if show(s) cancelled.

We'll know this weekend probably.

Edited by xandandl
  • Like 2

Waiting for the official list to come out due to bad rumors in this locale that a long time DCA corps will not field despite press releases earlier announcing show, and that the alumni are hesitant about continuing the scheduled competitions without the young blood for the leg work. Parade season was abysmal, practices not any better; show concept and music considered quite "dated" by next generation.

I hope Kidsgrove doesn't get burnt if show(s) cancelled.

We'll know this weekend probably.

well that was subtle as hell

• Like 2

Looks like the DCA site has just about finished the line up of shows ,and who's in what shows .Just waiting to see if that first show up state in Saratoga ,June 13th becomes a go.Minn. are the only shows not filled in yet .Buhwackers show is listed on there web site ,with the list of completing corps .

Edited by Florida Sun

Looks like the DCA site has just about finished the line up of shows ,and who's in what shows .Just waiting to see if that first show up state becomes a go.Minn. are the only shows not filled in yet .

There's a couple of others not filled in, but for the most part, you can get a sense of the season...

Subtlety? DCA? It's not on their sheets...

Thunderbolts and lightning, very very frightening

• Like 1