Shows about sports?

So I was wondering if there are any DCI or WGI shows that are about, or have anything to do with sports. I really love sports but have never found a show about sports. If it even has any concepts please share!

In WGI this year, UCF use footballs and several large goal posts that they moved around the floor during their show. While not overtly a "sports" show, it was using football to portray an Americana theme.

Cavaliers baseball segment was in the 2005 Chicago show. Bluecoats did boxing in 2008. James Logan's winterguard did a boxing show 10-15 years ago. I think Pope high schools winterguard did a show about running...not sure if it was Pope or another Georgia hs.

Bluestars did cycling in 2008...I'm sure there are others, but these are the ones that immediately come to mind.

Z

• Like 2

Blue Stars did cycling in 2008.

And not just cycling but "Le Tour", i.e., the best known bicycling event, the Tour de France.

Cavaliers 2003 was titled "Spin Cycle" and included some bicycling motifs.

If one considers horse racing a sport, there is Carolina Crown's "Triple Crown" in 2007.

And I believe Bridgemen concluded one of their shows with a football game.

Edited by N.E. Brigand

If you count boxing as a sport, Bluecoats 2008.

Edited by Cappybara

I believe the Father Ryan HS drumline did a basketball show in 2005 and a football show in 2006.

I'm still waiting for a marching band or indoor ensemble to do an ice hockey show, but who knows whether it will happen or not. It might result in some serious injury from all that sliding around.