article on Sahlen Stadium

Elevator that malfunctions at times... check from few years back. Then supposedly too many people got on at Prelims and it was jammed for Finals....

Under utilized..... maybe that's part of the reason why DCA gets a good deal from the city.....

that is really sad ~ 10 years old and a mess already.

To bad they let it get that bad ,cost more in the long run to fix ,if you don't maintain

Wow. There were no problems at all last year with the press box area. None that I encountered, anyhow.

And the Red Osier beef sandwiches were as good as ever. LOL.

That's too bad. I hope the city comes out of this okay.

I still like Rochester better than Annapolis as a host, especially in regard to the stadium. More appropriate-sized stadium for DCA that doesn't swallow up sound. I have a soft spot for drum corps in soccer stadiums (i.e. Columbus).

Also, say what you will about the neighborhood, but at least Sahlen is surrounded by more than just a giant lot.

• Like 1

That's too bad. I hope the city comes out of this okay.

I still like Rochester better than Annapolis as a host, especially in regard to the stadium. More appropriate-sized stadium for DCA that doesn't swallow up sound. I have a soft spot for drum corps in soccer stadiums (i.e. Columbus).

Also, say what you will about the neighborhood, but at least Sahlen is surrounded by more than just a giant lot.

Why not Red Bull stadium in Harrison, NJ?

• Like 1

And that's a bad thing?

Not at all, but stadium officials would probably use that against us. The old "they'll scuff up our field" excuse has been used by college/high school athletic directors for a long time. Knowing how protective soccer teams are of natural pitches, this would be a red flag.

The Red Bull stadium is gorgeous and would be a great area to have championships though.

Did anyone on here go to the Chester, PA show at PPL Park last year? Was that a good venue for drum corps?