article on Sahlen Stadium

Point taken, but in a way, you are agreeing with my point as well. The Eastern PA/North Jersey area would be a good choice mostly because that is where most of the DCA members live. This means more of their families, friends and alumni would likely attend. I'm not so sure the destination is the highest priority. When I have gone to Prelims and Finals, I was either at the show, in the lot, or at the after party at the hotel. The one recent exception has been the Dinosaur BBQ in Rochester, but that is not going to make or break my decision to go. It's a drum corps weekend for drum corps people. I don't need to go to Six Flags or Niagra Falls in between Prelims and Finals.

destination is a high priority.

why? from that area it's basically 5 hours one way to get there and 2/3 night notel bill. It isn't about just time spent at a stadium. And when you think of families, not us diehards, odds are they aren't in the stands the entire time.

Now in 12 and 13, Annapolis was 8 hours in a car for me over 2 days of 2 hours to and from. slept in my own bed. and I know at least 200 people that did the exact same thing. hell the PA announcer slept in his own bed,and had far less time in a car. And hotel prices keep rising, at least from what I read on here last year. So destination DOES count, because destination can mean increased costs. Maybe Nasdaq and the Dow Jones are doing well, but the average American isn't

Jeff in listing others you can add Brigdemen,Brookyn United .Park City Pride ,Cabs ,Sky .Saint Rita;s ,Rigdemen .Romeno's Westchester Brassmen Ct alumni ,Seldon Cadets ,Melrose Black Hawks,Golden Eagles and i'm sure in missed some others ,But hell yea the TRi - State area's sure has a lot

I did have Cabs originally and updated for Sky.

If you want to see an almost perfect place for DCA Championships in the PA/NJ, go to Google Maps (satellite view) and look down on Easton, PA's Lafayette College. Too bad, the parking situation there might even be worse than Allentown! That's about 12,000 concertside seats.

yeah that is a great facility.

I wish lehigh had lights

I hit a big lottery, I will be submitting a bid.

A bid that will crush all other bids... and bury them so far down that it will take decades for those other bids to crawl out of their holes. :tongue:

i hit a big lottery i build a stadium, so i'll beat your bid...and have a bar on both sides!

• Like 1