RADICAL IDEA. Discuss.

I'm tellin' ya.... I hit the lottery, and my money will be on Princeton, NJ.

Literally. :tongue:

I was just thinking that Princeton U's stadium would be perfect. There are a large number of competitive bands in the area that might provide audience members as well as rehearsal sites.

Plus, there are two corps VERY nearby in Bush and Windsor Regiment.

There are some other facilities that might be able to host I&E, mini-corps and the alumni show as well.

Wonder if the school would be on tap to allow such an event.

How about TCNJ? They have hosted drum corps shows before, and they used to host the Central Jersey YEA! regional.

• Like 1

I was just thinking that Princeton U's stadium would be perfect. There are a large number of competitive bands in the area that might provide audience members as well as rehearsal sites.

Plus, there are two corps VERY nearby in Bush and Windsor Regiment.

There are some other facilities that might be able to host I&E, mini-corps and the alumni show as well.

Wonder if the school would be on tap to allow such an event.

And the stadium configuration itself, IMO, is perfect for DCA.

Not too big... not too small. No track, so the seats are up close to the field.

And in a great town, to top it all off.

Edited by Fran Haring
  • Like 3

And the stadium configuration itself, IMO, is perfect for DCA.

Not too big... not too small. No track, so the seats are up close to the field.

And in a great town, to top it all off.

it's Jersey...make em an offer they can't refuse!

• Like 2

Should I get the Quija board and call up my wifes Sicilian grandmother?

All chain smoking 90 lbs soaking wet with rocks in her pockets. And NO one messed with her.... :wow:

She was from the WV mining area, another Sicilian pocket not to mess with BITD....

Edited by JimF-LowBari
  • Like 1

I'll have to get out my "know people who know people" list!!!! LOL

• Like 2

too early...sounds impractical. Like/appreciate an open-minded approach of re-thinking DCA Nats .... yet early Sept. will always be the sweet spot. edit - just noticed this thread has deprecated into veiled NJ Mob references....

"Webistics Christopher - we cold-call retirees and get them to invest --pump and dump"--probably the most hilarious ponzy from The Sopranos (and apropos; natch)

Edited by Tapper7

If it where held in Princeton a good portion of the corps wouldn't need hotels ,they could head home after preliums and come back the next day for finals.

Cabs

Bush

Windsor

Fusion

Hurcs

Sun

Bucs

If it where held in Princeton a good portion of the corps wouldn't need hotels ,they could head home after preliums and come back the next day for finals.

While that's great for the corps that can do it, it's terrible for the community that bids on the show, as corps staying locally in hotels is an important part of the bid. In fact, I believe DCA changed the rules regarding housing a few years ago requiring all corps to stay in local hotels (someone in the know can correct me if that's wrong).

Edited by Kamarag
  • Like 2

While that's great for the corps that can do it, it's terrible for the community that bids on the show, as corps staying locally in hotels is an important part of the bid. In fact, I believe DCA changed the rules regarding housing a few years ago requiring all corps to stay in local hotels (someone in the know can correct me if that's wrong).

agreed, and corps that don't stay in hotels offer the rooms to alumni