DCI Dress Rehersal

So I saw this new event on the DCI website called DCI Dress Rehearsal. What is this event, will it be broadcasted?

Its the Madison and Troopers combined end of spring training preview performance that was talked about in another thread. If DCI is going to put that on their schedule, why don't they publish all the other corps end of training preview shows, as well? And other DCI drum corps shows, like the Texas Drum Corps Preview? After all, they do announce what parades corps are doing come 4th of July. Why not? It certainly won't hurt attendance at these events, if anything it should help boost attendance! And in turn, probably help support corps as well, because I'm sure most, if not all, sell souvies at these events as well.

DCI is very passive about many things. I suspect they post things in the schedule if they are asked to do so, and not otherwise.

Another possibility is that DCI is involved in this show in some way.

Just spitballin'

DCI is very passive about many things. I suspect they post things in the schedule if they are asked to do so, and not otherwise.

Another possibility is that DCI is involved in this show in some way.

Just spitballin'

That's really not a great attitude to have if you want to help grow the activity.

• 4 weeks later...

DCI has an interest in this show as I understand it is a preview for the new DCI Live.

DCI has an interest in this show as I understand it is a preview for the new DCI Live.

I'm waiting on getting DCI live till AFTER this preview show...and I'm actually on the fence of not even bothering with it at all this year...I want to see how good/bad this preview is going to be in terms of the stream quality....I can't believe that I may not even get it...I've been a loyal fan network subscriber since its inception and every year after that...this package is not all that attractive...especially with the lack of some "key" features like DVR playback...

Edited by Liahona
  • Like 3

I was interested in watching this until I realized that it is on at the same time as the Chicago Blackhawks game. I'm not going to miss the Hawks winning the Stanley Cup.

• Like 1

I was interested in watching this until I realized that it is on at the same time as the Chicago Blackhawks game. I'm not going to miss the Hawks winning the Stanley Cup.

I'm personally very conflicted, cause the only reason I became a Blackhawks fan was that at UIUC, it would be hazardous to my health NOT to be one... But I was a DCI fan first...