Memorial Day 2015

Once again, as we approach Memorial Day, I would like to send out a solemn Thank You to all those who served in the Armed Forces to protect my freedom ... especially those who made the ultimate sacrifice.

I cannot begin to describe the profound effect interacting with the WWII and Korean vets at the Harry Condon AL Post #11, Bridgeport CT, had on me as a youth ... and then my later interaction with the Garbarina-Mazarakos AL Post #1523 NYC and their drum corps, the NY Skyliners ...

I will once again be donning my red polo shirt and black baseball cap along with my white Keds sneakers (posing as white bucks) to play "air horn" along with the Skyliners Alumni faithful ... two parades ... a small price to pay for freedom ...

Think about hooking up with your group to either march along, or simply lend a hand ... I've been drummer, DM, Rifle Bearer, Sabre Guy, air horn player and Water Boy through the years ... just to be there in the line of march gives me purpose ... and peace ...

If you're a horn player, think about participating in the Taps playing by Buglers Across America ... maybe Dorritie can provide the details ... or maybe you can provide the service to you local town's Memorial Ceremony ... or maybe you can just play it in your backyard ...

I guarantee you, your adult beverage and family picnic later on will be that much more meaningful ...

Thanks for listening ... now go do something on Monday ...

Andy

Edited by ajlisko
  • Like 3