Season 24 is Live

Good morning everyone. You should now be able to enter tour schedules and initial caption selections for Season 24 over on drumcorpsfantasy.com

New directors: I will be loading your corps into the system tonight.

• Like 1

I have chosen! Victory shall be mine!!!!!!!!

• Like 1

Update for those who have set their tour schedules already:

I mistakenly set up the DeKalb, IL "Masters of DCPI" show on Sunday, July 12th as open registration. This is an invitation only event for prior DCPI Class Champions. A few users have already signed up for it over on the website. Registration will actually occur on these forums in the upcoming weeks. Please remove this show from your schedule so it doesn't count against your 30 show limit. Thanks.

One more adjustment: Class A was still showing the end-of-season maximum for caption points (95). This has been reset to the start of season value of 90. Please make sure your Class A corps are under the limit.

• 2 weeks later...

Update for those who have set their tour schedules already:

I mistakenly set up the DeKalb, IL "Masters of DCPI" show on Sunday, July 12th as open registration. This is an invitation only event for prior DCPI Class Champions. A few users have already signed up for it over on the website. Registration will actually occur on these forums in the upcoming weeks. Please remove this show from your schedule so it doesn't count against your 30 show limit. Thanks.

Can you remind me again what is Bowling Green "Class Champions" event? Is that an invitation-only event for corps who have previously won their division?

Edited by Eleran

CLASS Championship is open to all but similar to FANFARE Championship is the leagues premier event. We would love to have you

Thanks. All my corps will be there, and at Fanfare.

Next question: I'm still fuzzy on what data you are drawing upon to generate scores. Given that DCPI begins having shows June 12, but DCI doesn't actually open up until June 17 ... what will form the basis of the DCPI show scores between the 12th and 17th?

Next question: I'm still fuzzy on what data you are drawing upon to generate scores. Given that DCPI begins having shows June 12, but DCI doesn't actually open up until June 17 ... what will form the basis of the DCPI show scores between the 12th and 17th?

It's a lot of hocus pocus. :cool:

I was wondering why we were starting early but I guess to get into the groove.

My guess it takes some earlier scores from last year and backs up to them.

Just expect scores to be low and not mean much.

Can you remind me again what is Bowling Green "Class Champions" event? Is that an invitation-only event for corps who have previously won their division?

CLASS is a "faction" of DCPI corps, kind of like YEA once had both The Cadets and Crossmen under their umbrella. Gary Currier (The Knights) is the founder and chairman of that group.

FANFARE is another "faction" of DCPI corps. I was a part of it, as is Mitch (StarOrg)

Both the CLASS Championship and the FANFARE Championship are open to all. You are free to petition either side for a membership.

These groups were started to spur rivalries and trash-talking between corps. It's a "just for fun" thing that has absolutely no bearing on scores or scheduling.

Thanks. All my corps will be there, and at Fanfare.

Mitch's hocus pocus answer isn't far off. The DCPI database has scores for every season going back to (I think) 2006 or 2007. There are all sorts of formulas in the SQL database to determine "ghost" scores like this. These same formulas will determine corps caption scores during the season when any particular corps has an off day. The ones during the season will have prior, live scores to go off of, so they will be more dependable. In the first week, I believe they will generate scores based off how each DCI corps has performed during the first week of their prior live seasons.

Much like in DCI, the first week's scores will be all over the place. Try not to read too much into them until the live show scores start coming in.

The scores not meaning much we're a little why I was disappointed to see CLASS CHAMPIONSHIP so early when it's usually pretty hotly contested. This year it's kind of a crap shoot but hey we get to kick things off