2015 Racine Scouts

Any news on why they only have 2 horns? 1 bari and 1 tuba.

They have a "full" drumline of 5 basses, 5 snares (with a hole to fill) and 3 tenors. Add to that 8 colorguard, 3 pit and 1 drum major. They also had someone on the sideline in uniform. I don't know if he is injured or is new and hasn't learned any drill yet.

That took a lot of balls to take the field last night. I gave them a standing ovation after their opener.

If you look at their website it indicates:

- one remaining audition

- 31 days until everyday rehearsals

- 48 days until tour

- 49 days until first show

Evidently, the Evansville show last night was an add-on. Kudos to the Corps and the MMs for stepping up and participating.

- one remaining audition

- 48 days until tour

Evidently, the Evansville show last night was an add-on. Kudos to the Corps and the MMs for stepping up and participating.

Except that date counter must be wrong, since 49 days from today is August 13 ... a little late for their first show of the season.

DCI has them scheduled for 4 more shows this month - I don't think Evansville was a late add-on.

- one remaining audition

- 48 days until tour

I saw that too, but there aren't even 49 days left in this year's DCI season! They are scheduled to be at DCI Minnesota July 11.

They've been struggling for brass numbers since winter audition camps. In May they had 5 or 6. They may have their 30 to compete but I think it's really irresponsible of the staff to put those kids on the field knowing how bad the balance was. They should have focused more on brass recruitment than percussion and limited their numbers based on what brass they had.

I'm just wondering what the heck happened from last season? They had close to 50 and even won most improved corps in Open Class

Edited by manyfacedman

They also had the non-competition corps, the Troop 203 Scouts Drum & Bugle Corps, that has been active as a parade corps for a long time.

They were looking for members back in March.

Yeah, but I think that was strictly a kids corps. It was their version of BDC, but with less staff and strictly a local parade corps. None of those kids fed into the junior corps. At least not in 2013-14. All of those kids were from out of state.