It's Barnum Festival Time!

On the DCA schedule this weekend.... the Barnum Festival "Champions on Parade" show, a longtime tradition on the summer drum corps calendar.

A new venue for this year... Bunnell H.S. in Stratford, CT.

All sorts of "shows within the show".... Buccaneers vs. Caballeros vs. Fusion Core.... Hurricanes vs. Bushwackers... and the White Sabers making their 2015 debut.

Predictions/thoughts, anyone???

• Like 1

whoever scores highest wins

fewer rats than in Bridgeport

On the DCA schedule this weekend.... the Barnum Festival "Champions on Parade" show, a longtime tradition on the summer drum corps calendar.

A new venue for this year... Bunnell H.S. in Stratford, CT.

All sorts of "shows within the show".... Buccaneers vs. Caballeros vs. Fusion Core.... Hurricanes vs. Bushwackers... and the White Sabers making their 2015 debut.

Predictions/thoughts, anyone???

I see that spread opening up a little between Bucs and Cabs

Fusion add guard uniforms helps concept a little.

Bush finishes a little more of their show and gets rid of some of that penalty.

80.35 Bucs

76.95 Cabs

74.55 Fusion

65.25 Hurcs

62.99 Bush (1.5 penalty)

60.00 White Sabres

AoE

>>>fewer rats than in Bridgeport<<<

Poor choice of words ... very poor ... and low ... you should be ashamed ... not even close to funny ...

Andy "a Bridgeport native" Lisko

• Like 1

>>>fewer rats than in Bridgeport<<<

Poor choice of words ... very poor ... and low ... you should be ashamed ... not even close to funny ...

Andy "a Bridgeport native" Lisko

I hear their police chief is a little corrupt :tounge2:

The rats are his fault.

>>>I hear their police chief is a little corrupt :tounge2:<<<

So ... this is funny also? ... a little history for you ... the Bpt Police Chief is the son of one of my first drum instructors ... I've known him from birth ... a VERY talented percussionist ... one of Santa Clara's first marching keyboard players ... he'll be announcing the show this Saturday ... and then drumming with Park City Pride ... maybe you could introduce yourself and educate him ...

You guys think your rhetoric is funny? ... it's not ...

... and don't play the "just kidding" card ... is doesn't work ... stick to the show and the competitors ... that's what this thread is about ...

Right Fran?

• Like 3

>>>I hear their police chief is a little corrupt :tounge2:<<<

So ... this is funny also? ... a little history for you ... the Bpt Police Chief is the son of one of my first drum instructors ... I've known him from birth ... a VERY talented percussionist ... one of Santa Clara's first marching keyboard players ... he'll be announcing the show this Saturday ... and then drumming with Park City Pride ... maybe you could introduce yourself and educate him ...

You guys think your rhetoric is funny? ... it's not ...

... and don't play the "just kidding" card ... is doesn't work ... stick to the show and the competitors ... that's what this thread is about ...

Right Fran?

Dude, chill.

IT'S A JOKE!!!!!!!

Joe is a great guy. Great ambassador to the activity, awesome at his job. Great programs at Bunnell, oh where the show is this weekend ... hmmmmmm COINCIDENCE????

JOKE!!!!!!

JOKE!!!!!!

Chill out. Great stadium. Iconic drum corps stadium, sorry to see it not there.

... and I don't need to introduce myself to him. Thanks.

AoE

I love Bridgeport's stadium/bleachers. However, I'm sorry, the town is one of the worst on the circuit. Are people not allowed to comment on that? As a person who has been both a performer and a patron several times, had it not been an awesome stadium to view as well to perform in, I would never want to go there again. If you wanted to warm up out of the neighborhood, you were taking a very big risk.

Also, let's not discuss the deplorable state of the bathrooms at the stadium. I'm not sure what is worse, the bathrooms at Bridgeport or the shower situation at Kingston.

I predict Fran will do an excellent job announcing :tounge2:

I love Bridgeport's stadium/bleachers. However, I'm sorry, the town is one of the worst on the circuit. Are people not allowed to comment on that? As a person who has been both a performer and a patron several times, had it not been an awesome stadium to view as well to perform in, I would never want to go there again. If you wanted to warm up out of the neighborhood, you were taking a very big risk.

Also, let's not discuss the deplorable state of the bathrooms at the stadium. I'm not sure what is worse, the bathrooms at Bridgeport or the shower situation at Kingston.

This weekend's show isn't even at that regular show site due to construction on the entrance to the school. There's a late season show that is scheduled for the site in August.

There's one in every crowd. LOL

I'll be at Citi Field in NYC for a Mets game... with an old friend from my NJ radio days.

Not announcing the game, just watching. :tongue: