Corps at the Crest - 6/26 - Oceanside

For those who may be attending the show tomorrow and haven't seen this release from Pacific Crest:

Corps at the Crest San Diego
Construction and Lane Closures on I-5

DRIVING TO THE SHOW (I-5 SOUTHBOUND)

There is construction on the I-5 Freeway in the San Onofre area. Please allow exra time if you traveling to the show on the I-5 Southbound.

DRIVING HOME FROM THE SHOW (I-5 NORTHBOUND)

On Friday, June 26th, the Northbound I-5 will be closed for overnight construction starting at 9 pm until 8 am. Since there are no alterate routes, do not take the I-5. Instead, we encourage everyone to take CA-76 East to the I-15 North.

From CalTrans

"Three of four lanes will be closed in both directions over two-mile sections between the Aliso Creek (CAMP PENDLETON, SAN ONOFRE) rest area and the San Diego-Orange county line starting at 7:30 p.m. on January 5, according to a statement from Caltrans.

On Friday, lanes will be closed from 9 p.m. to 8 a.m. Because no other route extends through Camp Pendleton, the only alternative for drivers at that time will be to take a long detour using the 15 Freeway through Corona and Escondido."

• 2 weeks later...

Quite impressive of Golden Empire to beat Gold--something which happened again the next night in Pasadena before Gold managed to scrape back on top in Riverside. (Late, I know, but I was travelling for ten days.) The Oceanside results were:

1. Golden Empire 50.70

2. Gold 49.60

3. Watchmen 44.55

4. Impulse 43.85

5. Incognito 34.75

Golden Empire was solidly ahead in general effect (where one judge had Impulse in second!) and slightly ahead in music (Gold took brass), while Gold was first in visual.