Seattle Cascades 2015 "Intergalactic"

Am I the only one who likes the Cascades' Beastie Boys dance break more than the Blue Devils' K-Pop dance break?

• Like 7

I actually agree with you. BD executes their dance break at a more polished level but I like Cascades more.

Just watched the video from a few days ago.....GREAT WORK. This group has come a long way since a year ago. They will start to compete with some of the groups they have looked up to in the last few years. This is a more mature group, obviously fuller and more presence on the field and just keep ironing out the rough spots and this will be a crowd favorite for sure. Great writing and once the performance comes up to the writing, they'll see much success. as an alum and fan, i'm super proud! Go Cascades!!

Hey Cascades,

I like the show!

Nice uniforms!

Congrats on getting those member numbers up there. You sound good and it's great to see another big group in the Pacific Northwest.

Don't care for the voice in the show; I don't care what your show is called and that you have a model of the Earth on the field. I like it!

For years I haven't enjoyed Cascaded shows. They've been boring, and not well executed. Honestly I felt like that was more of a design issue then anything. Not designing a show around the talent level of the group.

With that being said, this year's show is wonderful! It's entertaining, has a certain level of difficulty that I feel the kids can achieve, and it's overall package is a wonderful sight to see with this group. Great job Cascades, I can't wait to see more!

I don't care what your show is called and that you have a model of the Earth on the field. I like it!

You do realize I was just teasing about the name. I mean, I did go so far as to include a winky smiley face and everything!

I was expecting Cascades to not be 11 points behind OC this year...........wasn't expecting them to be right within a point and trading captions. That's pretty awesome, more of a testament to how much stronger Cascades are to me, having seen OCs show they didn't take a dive this year (just think they have some finishing touches to add and then CLEAN). I think both will grow very well throughout the season, I see them squeezing more than 15 or so points out of them this year. Two NW corps that can be dangerous is pretty cool. Looking forward to the DATR webcast!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

A lot of the new staff at Cascades was the staff at Troopers when I marched there.

Kyle Thompson on brass, Nick Benson on drill and visual, all the same. Some of the same techs even. Top-notch educators.

They've even hired some of the folks I marched with. Their tour manager, Michael Tran, was a fellow trumpet player at Troopers my last two years. Same with some of their guard and visual people.

Gives me a bit of a soft spot for them :) best of luck this season!

• Like 1