Bastinadoing in Boise - July 7th 2015

Bastinadoing - To subject to a beating; thrash[Alteration of Spanish bastonada, from baston, stick, from Vulgar Latin *bastō, *bastōn-.]

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/bastinadoing

Show Start Time - 7:30pm Mountain Time.

Blue Knights - Denver, CO
The Academy - Tempe, AZ
Oregon Crusaders - Portland, OR
Cascades - Seattle, WA
Impulse - Buena Park, CA
Thunder - Spokane, WA

Judging panel is not listed on Fromthepressbox.com.

Looking around 90 degrees around show time, no rain. Keep cool! I'm VERY interested to see where The Academy fits in with Oregon, IMO from what I've seen, I have The Academy ahead by a few points, they've had around a week of rehearsals in Arizona and they were pretty strong then. OC's gonna be a late bloomer this year, I can tell. Cascades should be fun to see where they fall in with OC again. Best of luck to all tonight! Won't have to wait quite as long now that we're out of Pacific time.

Edited by DrumManTx

OC's gonna be a late bloomer this year, I can tell.

New show flags! Woo hoo! Slowly, OC's visual program will 'bloom' (pun intended) as all the pieces fall into place. Can't wait to see the clock tower on the field. Academy might be out of OC's reach for now. But of course, surges can and will happen. Last year, BDB upped their score by, like, 29 points - from beginning to end of season - and surprised the field by taking 15th place.

Edited by luv4corps

New show flags! Woo hoo!

That's great! The more elements they implement the more that'll help. Excited to see the show with some more elements than the last time I saw it on the Denver webcast this weekend.

Edited by DrumManTx

First time the Academy will be facing off with OC and Cascades right? Should be interesting to see where they stack up. Assuming that they will be above them, but how much? They were narrowly above PC and Mandarins in their meeting in SOCAL.

First time the Academy will be facing off with OC and Cascades right? Should be interesting to see where they stack up. Assuming that they will be above them, but how much? They were narrowly above PC and Mandarins in their meeting in SOCAL.

Yup. I think the main separating factor is The Academy looked and sounded like a finished show and package, it was really complete. OCs rings off as one that still has some elements to be added, sounds like we have show flags tonight. At their last meetup The Academy was 6.45 behind Blue Knights and over 67 twice against BK, and OC has been well over 10................so we'll see. I say that as a huge fan of both shows. I don't think tonight will be a good indication AT ALL of where they finish the season in comparison to each other, but it will be interesting nonetheless. A bunch of shows I'd LOVE to see in Idaho, should be a very entertaining show.

Edited by DrumManTx
  • Like 3

My prediction is Academy over OC by 3-6 full points.

• Like 1

OC has considerable of upside potential. Props and flags are now being added to the show.I believe OC has a talent-level higher than that of other corps in their score range. They added a number of members late, who will soon be hitting their stride, and the guard costumes will be added in another few days. I also predict Arizona to be above OC tonight, but it will be interesting to watch scores as the season progresses.

The Academy coming into Boise with new show flags also......quite spiffy if I must say so myself. I see them jumping between 3-5 points (last show/score was a 67.5 in Mesa, AZ. My early prediction a solid Top 15 Corps, with an incredibly entertaining show, challenging book and impressive drill design. With "A Step In Time" The Academy brings to the field of competition it's most seasoned Corps, large percentage of Vets, identical design team that made quite an impression last year with "Vanity Fair." I believe they are equipped to take their program to the next level. Definitely exciting to follow this summer.