2015 DCA Alumni Spectacular

Does anyone have information about the Lineup of the Spectacular on Sunday morning? Who's perfroming, order of show, ets...?

I can only tell you that Cabs Alumni will be there.

You probably won't hear anything from DCA until sometime in August.

Edited by Big John

... looks like the Bridgemen, Optimists and Hamburg have it on their schedules as well ...

:-)

Does anyone have information about the Lineup of the Spectacular on Sunday morning? Who's perfroming, order of show, ets...?

Edited by ajlisko

I really enjoyed seeing the BAC alumni out there. They had a great sound and, for lack of better comparison, brought the true old school feel back with drill like the Cabs alumni.

I can only sit through so many groups playing in an arc for 10 minutes. Its just... meh.

• Like 2

I really enjoyed seeing the BAC alumni out there. They had a great sound and, for lack of better comparison, brought the true old school feel back with drill like the Cabs alumni.

I can only sit through so many groups playing in an arc for 10 minutes. Its just... meh.

I know Cabs do a fine job, BUT, let's see how nimble you are when you hit your 60s or higher. There are a lot of members in all the alumni corps whose "wheels" don't always work as well as we'd like them to, but the hands and lips are still in very serviceable condition. Not everyone can perform a full drill that's up to everyone's expectations, but most can still play. And besides all that, I don't recall anyone ever telling us that they paid the admission price just to see us(Skyliners) march!!! They want to be blown back in their seats. All the corps try to incorporate some motion in their show, but a full show is not always in the cards. Unfortunately, it is what it is and that's just fine with the performers. Between the ears, we ALL feel like teenagers once again, until the back, the legs, etc. start barking. Be patient, your time is coming and you'll understand completely!

• Like 2

Ray. I totally understand where you're coming from. I've moved myself to the sideline as an instructor, bone player, or adjudicator. I didn't mean to offend ya. So I apologize if I did. But while I sat through the show, I watched a bunch who came in for a corps or two, and left until BAC and Cabs were on.

• Like 1

I know what you mean, Chris, some shows are best for concert stage settings. Drill takes a lot of time to learn. The problem with the stage setting is getting a decent balance between percussion and brass, can be incredibly difficult since it's meant to be outdoors. Loved doing Alumni indoors as a one shot, we'll see about the future, still ambivalent for myself, though.

• Like 1

Unless things have changed. St. Joe's, Bridgemen, Park City, BAC, Cab's, Reilly Raiders, Scout House, Optimists, ALL do FIELD shows. Then sometimes NY Sky, BSGK do.

So it changes from year to Year.

Edited by 2B or not 2B
  • Like 1

Scout House will be there will an all new look. I have heard unofficially that there will be 8 corps in exhibition. Hamburg Kingsmen, Steel City Ambassadors, Reilly Raiders, Scout House, Crusaders Alumni, Bridgemen and Caballeros. Off the top of my head I cant remember who the other 2 names were. I don't believe it was Park City Pride and Toronto Optimists have gone inactive for this season.