Downingtown and Bayonne!

Two shows on the DCA calendar coming up on Saturday, July 25... Downingtown, PA, and Bayonne, NJ.

As usual, all sorts of storylines.

In Downingtown, the season debut for the Skyliners and Excelsior... another head-to-head between the Hurricanes and Bushwackers... can Cadets2 close the gap on the Buccaneers... and where do the White Sabers fit into this mix.

In Bayonne, will Fusion Core gain ground on the Caballeros, and will the Sunrisers take the next step forward after a good start in Clifton a couple of weeks ago.

Plus... throw in the United States Marine Silent Drill Platoon in Downingtown, and several alumni/exhibition corps in Bayonne, and it should be a good night for all!!!

Predictions, anyone???

• Like 1

I predict i'll probably write a review and heckle the announcer from my seat

• Like 1

Earlier in the Day at 2PM on the 25th, Alliance, Carolina Gold and CV will be going on at the Georgia Dome for DCI Atlanta. I think this will be streamed on the DCI Fan Network so you can see them before you go off to your evening show. Also in Soundsport a little earlier will be Solaris and Florida Xpress both with ties to the Sun Devils, SONUS which had been a DCA Class A corps, and Rocketeers who were at DCA Minicorps last year. The soundsport is before the webcast starts though.

• Like 2

Looking forward to the Downingtown show. I hear that several corps will be practicing at the High School.

I predict i'll probably write a review and heckle the announcer from my seat

Please do.

The review, that is. LOL

Looking forward to the Downingtown show. I hear that several corps will be practicing at the High School.

I believe you're right. There is plenty of room there. Great venue.

Edited by Fran Haring

Earlier in the Day at 2PM on the 25th, Alliance, Carolina Gold and CV will be going on at the Georgia Dome for DCI Atlanta. I think this will be streamed on the DCI Fan Network so you can see them before you go off to your evening show. Also in Soundsport a little earlier will be Solaris and Florida Xpress both with ties to the Sun Devils, SONUS which had been a DCA Class A corps, and Rocketeers who were at DCA Minicorps last year. The soundsport is before the webcast starts though.

Best wishes to all those corps.... DCA South will be out in force at the Georgia Dome!!!

• Like 1

I believe you're right. There is plenty of room there. Great venue.

There is no better stadium than Downingtown for drum corps. The corps and fans will love it.

There is no better stadium than Downingtown for drum corps. The corps and fans will love it.

I don't know if I'd go that far, but it is an excellent high school facility for the area. The best part is that there's no track and the sideline is pretty close to offset the stands being farther back than normal due to the design of the stairs.

Edited by Kamarag

Man, Bayonne. Was at a DCA pre-season show there at the HS in the early 90's, had a great lunch at a real-deal scottish fish and chips place in Kearney. BEST fish and chips ever served by lovely red-haired Scottish lasses. Didn't have the guts to go for the Haggis on the menu. The home of the Bayonne Bees....

The real reason many Westshoremen remember Bayonne was Rickie Lee. What he did.... was... hmm The nicest thing I can think of is... idiotic. And Fran was witness to stuff he did that wasn't as idiotic as this....

We stop there for some reason near the bay/harbor, body of water near the famous steel arch bridge, I guess the Kill van Kull from reading up on the bridge..., and he strips down to his skivvies and runs into the water and swims around!

He comes out covered in this oily..... blackish... film..... We figured it wasn't a good idea, but no one had time to try and stop him or reason with him, like... you could reason with him anyway.

All I know is there's no way in heck I'd ever go into any water in New Jersey after that, man.

The other thing I think of is the old SNL sketch, "Port of Call, Bayonne, New Jersey!" :satisfied: