Downingtown and Bayonne!

I don't know if I'd go that far, but it is an excellent high school facility for the area. The best part is that there's no track and the sideline is pretty close to offset the stands being farther back than normal due to the design of the stairs.

The "no track" is a big benefit. Beats most of the stadiums DCA has shows in and way better than Wildwood.

Edited by onthe50

Man, Bayonne. Was at a DCA pre-season show there at the HS in the early 90's, had a great lunch at a real-deal scottish fish and chips place in Kearney. BEST fish and chips ever served by lovely red-haired Scottish lasses. Didn't have the guts to go for the Haggis on the menu. The home of the Bayonne Bees....

The real reason many Westshoremen remember Bayonne was Rickie Lee. What he did.... was... hmm The nicest thing I can think of is... idiotic. And Fran was witness to stuff he did that wasn't as idiotic as this....

We stop there for some reason near the bay/harbor, body of water near the famous steel arch bridge, I guess the Kill van Kull from reading up on the bridge..., and he strips down to his skivvies and runs into the water and swims around!

He comes out covered in this oily..... blackish... film..... We figured it wasn't a good idea, but no one had time to try and stop him or reason with him, like... you could reason with him anyway.

All I know is there's no way in heck I'd ever go into any water in New Jersey after that, man.

The other thing I think of is the old SNL sketch, "Port of Call, Bayonne, New Jersey!" :satisfied:

That day with Rickie Lee will live on in Westshoremen lore!!! LOL

That day with Rickie Lee will live on in Westshoremen lore!!! LOL

any day with Rickie Lee will live on in Westshoremen Lore

On the DCA web it shows the Bayonne show starts at 6pm .early start for a DCA show .

On the DCA web it shows the Bayonne show starts at 6pm .early start for a DCA show .

I think it's the same start time as it was last year, and in previous years.

Sunrisers face book page shows 7'55 at the gate 8'05 enter the field .I would guess there the first corps on .

Sunrisers face book page shows 7'55 at the gate 8'05 enter the field .I would guess there the first corps on .

Wondering if the Alumni corps are on first or the competitive corps?

any day with Rickie Lee will live on in Westshoremen Lore

Gloversville.... Fran was a witness. IIRC, he owes Sun his life on that one.

A tamer one was when Donnie towed him behind his Mercury Lynx while he was belly flopped on his skateboard, holding on to the Lynx's rear bumper wearing his Superman cape on the City Island parking lot.

That one looked actually fun and something worth trying, well, if you didn't fall off the skateboard and let go when it got fast enough but not too fast.

Star thought. (1$ to George Parks)

My guess is corps rehearse more now so there's less free time available for people like him to get into mischief. :satisfied:

CHRISP I have a feeling all the alumni are on early ,other than the host. Its also a drum majors only retreat .So it should finish pretty early .

• Like 2