New DCI App

The talk on DCI's social media platforms is that there is an official DCI app available for download (assuming it's for iOS and Android, at least). Has anyone gotten it yet?

I, personally, prefer DrumScorps over their app. To me, the "official" app is just a carbon copy of the mobile website, which I can access on my phone easily. Any other thoughts?

The talk on DCI's social media platforms is that there is an official DCI app available for download (assuming it's for iOS and Android, at least). Has anyone gotten it yet?

I, personally, prefer DrumScorps over their app. To me, the "official" app is just a carbon copy of the mobile website, which I can access on my phone easily. Any other thoughts?

The app is literally parsing the website into mobile form. From what it appears, it is quite literally a safari view pointing to the website. The only functionality you get from the app vs the website is that you can watch the live shows on your device. Other than that, it's useless compared to drumscorps Edited by Clutchtow

I prefer DrumScorps myself as well :wink:

In all seriousness though, thanks for using our app everyone!

I actually prefer using the DrumScorps app over DCI's website on my laptop. You guys did an incredibly good job on the app. The interface is very clean/intuitive and the scores are up at the same instant as they are on DCI's website.

I also prefer the DrumScorps app over the DCI app. And it's not even close. The DrumScorps app is way more user friendly and easier to read, IMO.

DrumScorps is awesome. Very clean/professional appearance with a great feature set.

what the others said. very disappointed with DCI's new site and their mobile site. Drumscorps is far better. Now if Drumscorps could get DCA on there as well!

Edited by Jeff Ream
  • Like 1

The new DCI site is absolutely terrible. I understand it was time for a refresh... but at least do it right. Most the corps have more functional sites...

The live streaming does work pretty well from the app though. Good quality.

Quite a few scores apps out there. win.nr is one I recently tried. Think it's from competition suite. And it works on Beta iOS9, which DrumScorps does not yet unfortunately. (Not your fault... I'm on beta software).