Attendance SHAZZAM!

Another factor to consider regarding the lower scores is DCI's March statement that there would be "...an influx of new adjudicators who will be seen on the 2015 DCI Tour..."

Now, HOW ABOUT THAT ATTENDANCE, EH?

There have been about 4 shows since we began this debate, so let's hear from those who attended those shows about the attendance!

Summer Music Games of SW Virginia in Salem was a sell-out for the 7th year in a row this year.

God I love having a show in my hometown.

Another factor to consider regarding the lower scores is DCI's March statement that there would be "...an influx of new adjudicators who will be seen on the 2015 DCI Tour..."

and some still trialing at Allentown this weekend.

speaking of attendance...I haven't seen official numbers, but I do know I have not seen Allentown filled to the end zones for many years, and Saturday night it was.

I don't know about this however, MikeN. I am of the opinion that judges should score the Corps as they see them. Period. The instruction to judges that there should be a need to keep the scores slotted to enable closeness in competition, seems to introduce a measure of artificiality into the mix to me. That'd can't be good, imo. Will the slotted scores meant to keep closer competition through much of the season, release itself into more realistic evaluations as we get to Championships ? How do Corps know if the score they receive on any given nite into the end of July is real, in terms of real separation from others around them, or is a mere artificial number to" keep the competition close " ?

For context, this newly revealed info of judges being asked to slot the scores tighter to enable closer competition is on a thread about increased attendance in DCI. Garfield did state above that the fact that these instructions to the judges is leading to selling more seats is a bit unsettling. Its great that we have a season where the scores are so tight and position placements are changing... and as a result, attendance is up. It would be far better however in my view if the reasons for the unprecedented closeness of the scores did not come with judges instructions. It would be far better if they were not artificially produced. It would make me feel better if the scores were the result of mere happenstance... not judges instructions. But I've lived through changes before, so I'm sure I can get used to what appears to be artificially created scores not based upon the real separation between Corps, but rather a compelling need to" keep the slotted scores tighter to keep the competition close"..

how about the judges are told to judge the show of the day and to judge their sheet.

and by jove, that's exactly what we are seeing

• Like 1

Your sources in the room was your verification to support your claim that you heard that ( your direct words from yesterday in the above quote ) " DCI judges are being asked to slot the scores tighter to create closer competition ". That is an unambiguous statement, not left to a grey area, nor to a misunderstanding of meaning, nor what is being said.. When the curious me then asked you where you heard this, you replied " my sources who were in the room ". Thats not " semantics ". Thats your very words itself. When I asked you if you might have misspoke, or wanted to modify or retract what you were allegedly told by your sources that were in the room, you declined to do so, thru all of yesterday, last nite and this morning. and you were found on other threads, so you left it all out here without modification, or retraction. I got some PM's from posters who could not believe what you said on here yesterday. So its not just me that can read in a clear manner what you actually said. If you believe you should retract, or in any way, modify your rather startling and disturbing remarks of what your sources in the room told you, then by all means you are entitled to a redo of what you actually said. But absent that, we simply go on what you said, and its based upon what your sources in the room told you, ie " judges are being asked to slot the scores tighter to create closer competition ".

just to further infuriate you, my sources are in multiple rooms and have heard the same message all season long.

and some still trialing at Allentown this weekend.

speaking of attendance...I haven't seen official numbers, but I do know I have not seen Allentown filled to the end zones for many years, and Saturday night it was.

Is Allentown run by DCI or is there a local show committee.

Does someone local know how many tickets were sold? I saw a pic of the crowd on Instagram and it looked massive.

Is Allentown run by DCI or is there a local show committee.

Does someone local know how many tickets were sold? I saw a pic of the crowd on Instagram and it looked massive.

Hey, garfield!

Allentown is an official, in-house DCI event. DCI owns it. The Allentown committee (about 70) does most everything while the show's in town. That's about 80% of all event 'workers.' It's a mix that has EVERYONE pleased.

Too preliminary for an official paid number, and if I see one, I don't pass it along. To my somewhat knowledgeable eye, this was the biggest weekend attendance in several years, maybe 16,000-18,000. How many paid, who knows?

just to further infuriate you, my sources are in multiple rooms and have heard the same message all season long.

Again, this phrase " angry " and/ or " infuriates " has been mistakenly applied to my reaction. I said above, that it was " disappointing".... " surprising ". " Resignation " would be an apt description as well. I even said above ( quote ) " I suppose I can get used to this ". That describes the clear sentiment reaction of " resignation "... not " infuriation", and not in the least either. So thats that, as my words above clearly described my emotions, and so your attempt at a mischaracterization of them is most unfortunate for you.

Edited by BRASSO

Again, this phrase " angry " and/ or " infuriates " has been mistakenly applied to my reaction. I said above, that it was " disappointing".... " surprising ". " Resignation " would be an apt description as well. I even said above ( quote ) " I suppose I can get used to this ". That describes the clear sentiment reaction of " resignation "... not " infuriation", and not in the least either. So thats that, as my words above clearly described my emotions, and so your attempt at a mischaracterization of them is most unfortunate for you.

your reaction is over reaction to a potential rumor.

like most of your reactions, you're making a mountain out of a molehill