Big, Loud, & Live 12

With the end of the season and finals week approaching, it is time everyone (not attending finals) get their tickets for Prelims/Quarterfinals. There is usually a discussion thread about each of the theater showings, mostly pertaining to turnout and stuff.

So to see if drum corps is dying or growing, let us know your theater turnout numbers, how early you showed up, any cool old corps jackets around, theater issues, crowd reactions, etc. Also try and invite your friends or high school band members to show more people about our awesome activity. Because we can't complain about "drum corps dying" if we aren't trying to bring new people into the activity.

This thread might be a little early, but I was just excited about it after getting my tickets in advance.

• Like 1

Anticipating a 3rd year in a row sell out from all the local HS band programs promoting it. They've added it at a 2nd theater in town as well. Excited! Always is the sign my summer is over.

Hey DrumMan, what area of Texas are you in? I'm DFW which means if have like 3 theater options in a 20 mile radius.

Live in Canyon. 90 Miles north of Lubbock, 15 south of Amarillo which is where it is where I go for these.

So that's why it is fairly practical for you to make it out to DATR. But great to hear they have two theaters showing out there! Hope it sparks more interest in the area for DCI participation.

So that's why it is fairly practical for you to make it out to DATR. But great to hear they have two theaters showing out there! Hope it sparks more interest in the area for DCI participation.

It definitely has, LOTS of kids auditioning. Been packed full selling out with 30 people still trying to get tickets the past few years. Lots of interest growing for sure.

And yup. Still 6 hours to Denver. 6 or so to the Dallas shows. 8 - 10 to San Antonio. Wish they still had the show in Midland, was at least just. 3 -4 hour drive. Kinda in the middle of nowhere when it comes to drum corps.

Edited by DrumManTx

It definitely has, LOTS of kids auditioning. Been packed full selling out with 30 people still trying to get tickets the past few years. Lots of interest growing for sure.

And yup. Still 6 hours to Denver. 6 or so to the Dallas shows. 8 - 10 to San Antonio. Wish they still had the show in Midland, was at least just. 3 -4 hour drive. Kinda in the middle of nowhere when it comes to drum corps.

A mere four hours to the Mustang, OK show. It's no mile-high city. Actually, it's a quarter-mile-high city.

Now just a little off topic, but there are some really nice bands out in your area. And hopefully in the future the west Texas and Lubbock area bands can compete well for 6A state.

And back on topic, I know Texas is a hot bed for DCI at the movies, any other states with large followings of packed theaters?