Judges

I do know that quarters, semis and finals have different panels.

• Like 1

The judges that will be in Indy, different 11 judge panel each night, will have seen and judged all of the corps at some point during the season. Most of them will have judged at least one of the regionals. The panels for Indy are usually not announced until the day before.

And specifically to your question about the judges following around the same corps during the season....no. Seldom (if ever) is the panel kept together for back to back shows.

Edited to add that this weekend in Allentown the 22 corps are divided for either a Friday or Saturday performance. The judges will be the same for both of those nights.

Edited by oldbandguy

For a rookie drum corps parent I have a question. The judges that travel, do you find that most of them are judging the same teams and if so are the same judges doing prelims and finals?

There will be a totally separate panel for Quarters, Semi's, Finals.

Ok, I know that during the Southern California leg I did see the same names but they were judging different areas each comp. I just wondered how one could see subtle changes from week to week if they had seen the show numerous times.

Ok, I know that during the Southern California leg I did see the same names but they were judging different areas each comp. I just wondered how one could see subtle changes from week to week if they had seen the show numerous times.

when you are seeing a show for the 3rd of 4th time, you'll notice changes, or see improved performance quality that flesh out design choices that weren't fully clear on previous viewings

• Like 1

For a rookie drum corps parent I have a question. The judges that travel, do you find that most of them are judging the same teams and if so are the same judges doing prelims and finals?

Hoppy already decided the results and sent the judges a memo Memorial weekend.

• Like 1

As if. If he had that power do you think BD would have sixteen rings?

He just allowed BD to win all those times to throw everyone off the scent! ;-)