Fight for the 12th Position: Who will it be?

To be fair you have to include Crossmen and Blue Stars in this discussion since Boston beat both in Atlanta. We won't really know until Prelims. 10th - 15th from Atlanta don't meet up head to head again til Prelims.

I believe blue stars meet cavies Friday so if the scores we have seen recently show up friday I say we can move some people around. That shows peaking at the right tI'm with big jumps since Atlanta.

I am rooting for the Colts to push Crossman for 12th - but the gap seems too big with the Colts stagnating the last couple nights.

There seems to be much love for the Blue Stars and BAC has been idle the last few days so I expect a bump up (weather not withstanding) to a solid 11, flirting with the 10th position.

I gotta say though, as much of a homer I may be for the Colts, there are so many great shows 1 to 15 that its real hard for me to see the effort these kids put out for these shows and not be rewarded to make finals. As I tell my kids - competition is harder than it ever has been and you need to fight hard to survive. (oh and life is not always fair - LOL)

• Like 1

At this point I would say Blue Stars and Crossmen have the last 2 finalist spots pretty much locked up. I wouldn't put Colts and Academy completely out of the question, but it doesn't look like either one of them at this point will beat out Stars or Crossmen. Although if anything I think it would be cool if Mandarins turned it up a notch and made finals for the first time ever. I wouldn't mind seeing a tie for 12th between Crossmen, Colts, Academy and Mandarins. 15 corps in finals would be interesting.

These appear to be the largest Southeast-to-Semis point improvements since 2011:

2.70 -- Blue Knights 2012: from 0.70 behind Spirit of Atlanta to 2.00 ahead (11th > 10th)

2.50 -- Blue Knights 2011: from 1.45 behind Madison Scouts to 1.05 ahead (10th > 9th)

2.40 -- Oregon Crusaders 2013: from 1.10 behind Mandarins to 1.30 ahead (19th > 17th)

2.20 -- Crossmen 2012: from 1.45 behind Blue Stars to 0.30 ahead (13th > 12th)

1.75 -- Phantom Regiment 2012: from 0.15 behind Cadets to 1.60 ahead (4th > 3rd)

1.60 -- Cavaliers 2013: from 0.85 behind Madison Scouts to 0.75 ahead (8th > 7th)

So on four occasions in the past four seasons, corps by Semifinals have overcome spreads of the size that Crossmen held over Colts (1.775) or Troopers (2.175) at this year's Atlanta regional, and on two further occasions, corps have overcome a lead of nearly the former size.

Therefore it seems likely that at least one corps will overcome a two-point Atlanta deficit by next week Friday . . .

but that change may happen nowhere near the 12th/13th cut-off.

Troop 2013:

Allentown 81.65 14th

Semis 86.05 13th

+4.4

Missed finals by .15

The 12th position is a dog fight. I've liked Troopers from the very start. Who's your pick: Boston, Troopers, Academy, or Colts?

Irving

Fan of the Arts

Why not have it an open ended question ? And are you talking Semi's or Finals ? I don't think at Finals it will be any of these Corps you listed here.

Troop 2013: Allentown 81.65 (14th) > Semis 86.05 (13th) = +4.4

Missed finals by 0.15.

Right. Troopers closed most of the 2.70 the gap they'd been behind Blue Stars at Allentown in 2013. I remember the briefly confused posts here when Troopers' score was announced at Semifinals, for instance: "I think Troopers got in... did I hear that right?"

Its happened before- It was Lenz the kept Blue Stars out in 2012!

Or how about..." it was Blue Stars that kept themselves out"... or..."Crossmen did an inspired performance and topped the Blue Stars by 3 tenths to nudge the Blue Stars out of Finals, Top 12.". Why is it neccessarily a judge's fault ?

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 3