Choking

As we are now less than a week until finals, the drama could not be more compelling. Four corps have a legitimate shot at a title. I cannot imagine how hard those corps will be pushed this week, because they are each so close.

The judges have an incredibly tough job--one I certainly don't want. How can you separate these outstanding performances? These four corps have such good shows, and are so good at executing, that if they each performed to their full potential, there would be a four-way tie.

So here's the bottom line. The corps that "wins" will choke the least. I really, REALLY hope that corps directors (including a specific goatee-wearing director) do not spoil the fun for the members by pushing too hard and setting up the corps' final run as a life-or-death event. There will be a ton of pressure on these corps--crowds will be huge--and like I said, each has a chance to bring home the gold. I just hope that the members can savor the remaining moments of the season, be proud of their individual and group journey, and be divested from the pressure that the "adults" in the room will almost certainly place (intentional or otherwise) on them. We will all benefit by more relaxed, confident performances without fear of choking a title away.

Were talking about an activity where members spend many hours a day perfecting their craft and I find it offensive that you would insinuate that anyone of the members kids would "choke" during a performance, especially since DCI got rid of the "tick" 30 years ago.

Were talking about an activity where members spend many hours a day perfecting their craft and I find it offensive that you would insinuate that anyone of the members kids would "choke" during a performance, especially since DCI got rid of the "tick" 30 years ago.

I take it that you don't know how to read?

This is a very pessimistic way of viewing of this sport.

• Like 2

Since all 4 of these top corps could potentially win, I'm looking forward to seeing some pretty darn inspiring performances this weekend.

What better motivation than the real possibility of a gold medal?

Can't wait until Friday. I'll be there for semi finals.

My thoughts exactly.

The only speech I could imagine a corps being given this year, as with every year, is "do your job, you know how to perform your best" and the members do just that.

The end happy end for all we will be meeting down the street after finals see you there!