Staff changes 2016

Who's staying? Who's going? Who should stay? Who should go?

What are your thoughts and/opinions or rumors of changes?

can we get through the end of the season first?

Well the 2016 prediction thread started in June...so....LOL

• Like 1

Not a fan of discussions that devolve into treating designers/instructors (vast majority of whom are paid peanuts and have second jobs) like professional sports coaches/managers (most of whom are overpaid morons ... well, NFL specifically).

That being said, I like what Madison's staff has done this year. Thought they were in danger of being on the bubble for finals after the turnover, but there definitely seems to be a clear vision across all captions that the members are buying into.

Edited by ShutUpAndPlayYerGuitar

Well the 2016 prediction thread started in June...so....LOL

And I've been tempted to re-start my thread from last year posting the corps' audition dates as they are announced. A few corps have already given their dates (Nov., 20-22 being a popular weekend)

It's the last of the season. This gets discussed every year around this time.

The interesting thing is that changes are being made right now, as we all read this. Caption heads are resigning/retiring or being replaced. Some are mulling offers from other corps. Some techs are being considered for caption head positions, while others are trying to figure out where they will go when their caption head gets sacked.

Corps directors are figuring all this out now, because the hot stove burns bright in the month of August, and if you don't have your design team and caption heads locked in by mid-September, you're way behind the eight ball. Section techs will be figured out generally by October 1st.

It's not unreasonable to discuss this now, because I guarantee you many corps staffs certainly are :)