Cadets, Back to Maroon and gold please?

I think this amazing show which still is amazing would be even more amazing with those cream pants highlighting that wonderful marching technique and stellar Cadets drill. Bring them back for INDY. We all respect you for taking risks but we'll love you more for going back!

• Like 6

I'm pretty sure the colors are MAROON and gold. And I wouldn't count on them going back this season.

Edited by 2000Cadet
  • Like 4

Can you imagine the mocking that would be hurled at them if they did go back (and rightfully so, given the hype they built up around the change)? Honestly, it's absolutely the right thing to stick with the change, for good or ill.

I thought about that too.

Can you imagine the mocking that would be hurled at them if they did go back (and rightfully so, given the hype they built up around the change)? Honestly, it's absolutely the right thing to stick with the change, for good or ill.

Maybe it's a grand scheme like New Coke was.

• Like 1

Since the black is to highlight the neon colors, with neon being the 10th element in the periodic table, that would sort of screw up that connection.

I find it extremely hard to believe that 3 placements can be gained by changing uniforms. Wouldn't everyone have the "magic uniform" if that were the case?

If I recall, Phantom Regiment won DCI in all black and Carolina Crown is darn near all black and seem to be doing fine with it.

Don't get me wrong, the Cadets wearing cream pants all this time is one of the gutsy things I love about them. It's harder to clean but they've stuck with it.

Look what they won with in 2005 and 2011. Clearly it isn't just about the pants.

Edited by Wadep66

I think the mistake was thinking that a uniform color change would somehow miraculously gain them 5 points or something. They feel that it accentuates the neon in the guard...OK. Perhaps it does, but it was never going to be a game changer. I think they definitely need to stick with it if they feel it helps, but they have other issues to deal with if they want to win. Not saying they can't, just saying that the uniform color isn't going to win them a championship.

Dan

• Like 1

they get it either way ..sooooo...lol