Boston Crusaders 2016

Just saw on FB Timothy Salzman and James Campbell helping out for the past week.

Just saw on FB Timothy Salzman and James Campbell helping out for the past week.

Roberto Ingenio is there too. ( I think ).

Roberto Ingenio is there too. ( I think ).

Ingenio short for Ingenious.

You are correct craiga about MW and his day to day driving force behind the corps and all he, his family, other BOD, and what the active alumni have done for decades to keep the corps going. I've acknowledged his and others positive assistance before, but I'm unable at times to just sit back and type nothing. As mentioned earlier, this pre season positive comments about all aspects of the corps had me finally grabbing onto that fish hook. At this point in the season and until proven otherwise, I wish I had continued my usual "let's see what happens at SA."

The wording about the mm of today mindset and our interest in performing 50 years ago was poorly chosen. Today's mm (supposedly) is all about performing a show to their best ability and most do not worry about placements. Yes, decades ago, we enjoyed competing, but we had strong feelings about beating the corps we came up against and were upset when we lost certain captions or receive a lower placement. If captions were not what we felt they should have been, there were a few times when the drum line tossed their sticks at the feet of the drum judge(s) during retreat or the horn line tossed several pairs of white gloves at the horn judge(s).

As you know there are many alumni of Boston who walked away years ago and never support the corps now because many have become disappointed with the corps and D&BC in general. I will always be concerned with the Boston Crusaders placements. That's my BAC DNA, and I thank you craiga for the kick in the butt. But I'm afraid BRASSO has already booked a flight to come to Ivins and give me a classic beat down.

Great posts from you both.

MW and a few others kept the Crusaders going well before I knew anything about them or the History of the corps. I can say that those guys helped me more than they will ever know. I owe the corps every year of my life for the experiences and lessons learned from marching with the Crusaders. I have faith that those core alumni will continue to keep the spirit and activity alive for the future.

When I marched is was a transition time for the corps. The corps was small but the enthusiasm to perform was great. Scores were a concern to younger members like myself but the veterans were not of the same mindset.

I have faith in these members and staff today that they will do their best and make themselves proud to leave it all out during the season and at finals.

BAC

• Like 1

I really thought Boston was going to move up in placement this year. I guess the good news is the corps appears to be on solid footing. I am confused to their low placements this year. My first question is why is the Board so large ? Never knew of Board with so many ? Do they all have voting power ?

I really thought Boston was going to move up in placement this year. I guess the good news is the corps appears to be on solid footing. I am confused to their low placements this year. My first question is why is the Board so large ? Never knew of Board with so many ? Do they all have voting power ?

1) It isn't over until it's over.

2) Yes the business is on solid footing. Thanks to the BOD, Kids, volunteer's, alum, parents and the sponsors.

3) Me as well along with other's.

4) Generous people that care all around.

1) It isn't over until it's over.

2) Yes the business is on solid footing. Thanks to the BOD, Kids, volunteer's, alum, parents and the sponsors.

3) Me as well along with other's.

4) Generous people that care all around.

You did not answer all of purenjoyment's questions.

Tim K. is putting a team together of his associates to volunteer for a week or two.

Go look up their names.