Boston Crusaders 2016

Looks like things are going great at the Florida and TX camps.

Looks like things are going great at the Florida and TX camps.

Good to hear. One of the Corps I send a few nickels to each season is BAC. As such, I just received in the mail today their newsletter " Giant ". Its filled with some good stuff, and I like the picture taken of the entire corps there from last summer.

View this email in your browser 73ee5658-5a1f-4ddb-8f80-5e65588bc48b.jpg Inspire Arts and Music, the Boston Crusaders, Great East Music Festivals, HyPE, Create Art and Create Dance continues to grow and make a significant impact in our community. Our kids, youth and young adults thank you for your generous support. CLICK HERE TO GIVE TODAY 06d3ab57-cc58-48ee-8ca1-b3a8ca4cd904.jpg This year

Inspire purchased the Riverside Theatre Building in Hyde Park, Massachusetts and is scheduled to move “home” on April 1, 2016. Inspire launched HyPE, a free percussion program for inner city youth in Hyde Park. The Boston Crusaders Drum and Bugle Corps celebrated its 75th Anniversary in style, hosting the largest outdoor professional venue competition in DCI at Gillette Stadium; performing at the Esplanade with the Boston Pops before a live audience of 500,000 and a television audience from around the world; performing at Tanglewood with the Boston Pops Brass - a first for any drum and bugle corps; and finishing inside of DCI’s elite top 10 for the 17th consecutive season. Great East Music Festivals served over 420 groups and 18,000 students - giving those students a quality music performance and adjudication experience. Inspire created a partnership with the historic Blessed Sacrament Colorguards, and various alliances with the city of Boston.

In 2016

Inspire will “double down” in its commitment to the inner city and launch more percussion, art and dance programs while we immerse ourselves in the civic, art and business culture in Hyde Park. The Crusaders will again host the largest outdoor professional venue competition in DCI on July 2, 2016 featuring the Boston Crusaders, Bluecoats, Cadets, Phantom Regiment, Crossmen, Jersey Surf, Spartans, 7th Regiment, Crusader Sr. corps, and the Muchachos. The Putnam Club theme will be a celebration of New England Drum Corps, Guard and marching band - an indoor VIP tailgate party! Great East Festivals is expanding into new markets with offerings in the city - Freedom Trail, Duck Tours, Museums, and in Connecticut at Lake Compounce. Inspire is proud to partner again with Blessed Sacrament which celebrates its 80th Anniversary season in 2016 and is forging more partnerships and alliances within the city of Boston, including the Riverside Theatre Works.

This “Giving Tuesday”

I hope you will take great pride in the accomplishments and growth of Inspire Arts & Music and The Boston Crusaders. Our ability to make a meaningful difference in the lives of young people, and an impact in our community, is a testament to the power of our generous donors and volunteers.

Thank you for your support and best wishes for a wonderful holiday season!

Chris Holland

Chief Operating Officer/Executive Director

Inspire Arts & Music and the Boston Crusaders

Enjoyed the Boston camp this past weekend. Looking forward to hearing the full group in January.

Any details that you would like to share? Between "looks like things are going great at the FL & TX camps" & "Enjoyed the Boston camp this weekend" there is bare little info emanating from these posts. Which is so odd nowadays since so many people usually share way too much on Facebook, LOL. What camp were you at and why was it so enjoyable? Any music being played? C'mon...give. Thanks.

Any details that you would like to share? Between "looks like things are going great at the FL & TX camps" & "Enjoyed the Boston camp this weekend" there is bare little info emanating from these posts. Which is so odd nowadays since so many people usually share way too much on Facebook, LOL. What camp were you at and why was it so enjoyable? Any music being played? C'mon...give. Thanks.

1. Was at the Boston camp ... the one in Boston (well, actually, outside of Boston) ...

2. Was enjoyable because the turnout was small enough (relative to the Orlando and Texas camps, no doubt) that my son got a lot of one-on-one time with the staff, all the way up to the Director.

3. They did play some music ... including Giant ...

And here are the pictures I shared on Facebook:

From nearby Walden Pond

12316136_1257392704276446_66993968282469

From nearby Lexington

12341054_1257433804272336_48364255187835

• Like 1

1. Was at the Boston camp ... the one in Boston (well, actually, outside of Boston) ...

2. Was enjoyable because the turnout was small enough (relative to the Orlando and Texas camps, no doubt) that my son got a lot of one-on-one time with the staff, all the way up to the Director.

3. They did play some music ... including Giant ...

And here are the pictures I shared on Facebook:

From nearby Walden Pond

12316136_1257392704276446_66993968282469

From nearby Lexington

12341054_1257433804272336_48364255187835

You are a fine photographer.

That Walden shot would be great as a screensaver or den poster. The b&w as a strong reminder.

BAC camp was at Acton Boxborough this past week. Around 100 attended. Up from last year which is good to see.