Boston Crusaders 2016

A very Interesting choice, but not surprising considering his rich history at the Boston Crusaders. I also marched with him in the corps as well and remember him as a very passionate guy. I also found his bio at http://inspirearts.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/Inspire-Board-Biographies-2015-04.pptx. Here is that copied below:

Work Experience:

-Christopher Holland is a practicing attorney and former Assistant Attorney General in Massachusetts. Chris specializes in criminal and civil litigation throughout the District and Superior Courts in Massachusetts.
-He has successfully defended criminal cases in matters involving: OUI alcohol and drugs, multiple offense OUI cases, domestic violence, misdemeanor and felony battery charges, home contractor/fraud violations (prosecuted by the Attorney General’s Office), and drug distribution and possessory offenses.
-He has litigated breach of contract disputes, violations of M.G.L.c93A/176D, and tort cases and successfully argued motions for summary judgment in the Land Court.
-Chris was admitted to U.S. District Court of Massachusetts, December, 2010 and has experience in federal e-filing and bankruptcy e-filing.
History:
-Chris is no stranger to music or performing arts. He was Director of Bands in Norwood from 1998 to 2002, where his performing groups received superior ratings and performed at Boston Symphony Hall, Tanglewood and the Hatch Shell.
-His 9 years as a member of the Boston Crusaders culminated with his service as drum major. He continued his involvement as a brass instructor for the Boston Crusaders, Carolina Crown, and the Phantom Regiment, where he served as Brass Caption Head in 2001.
-Chris joined the Board of Directors in 2012 and is a member of the Executive Committee.
Education/interests:
-Born and raised in Boston, Chris is a graduate of Boston Latin Academy.
-Chris earned his BA in music from the University of Massachusetts at Amherst and his JD from the New England School of Law in 2006.
-When he’s not working, Chris enjoys ice hockey, music, and spending time with his family.

Thanks for the resume, Liahona.

• Like 1

I really liked the programming from 2009-2012 and would love to see a return in that direction. They may not have pushed the envelope programmatically (with the exception of shrouds in the Revolution show), but I thought they were highly entertaining.

Edited by kdaddy

I'd be interested in what the GE judges had to say about it during the season.

BAC had fewer competitive shows scheduled this year, and one of those was a rainout - while this gives them more time on the practice field (also more time for the designers and staff to make changes), I wonder how much effect this had when they were competing. Does this help or hurt their mental confidence when they're performing?

1. With the smaller stadiums, the issue was the banners blocked the flag work behind them. That thought may have still been possible in Indy even though the judges were higher and could see over the banners.

2. One experienced admin person felt the set up/breakdown of banners and the stage took away at least 90 minutes a day of rehearsal time. Even for regular season shows, they had to leave earlier in order to get the props together before warm up. Pushing those items on grass was a pain which they did all the time during finals week.

OK emc2, let's not start with another off season of teasers. "There will be other surprises coming"!!! If you know something say something. No more of the "keeping a monkey in suspense" routine for us all please. LOL.

He does this all the time...I find it extremely annoying....and even the useless posts that don't say anything either....Enough please?...this is the last time I'll complain about it...haha

• Like 1

He does this all the time...I find it extremely annoying....and even the useless posts that don't say anything either....Enough please?...this is the last time I'll complain about it...haha

Thanks. I agree stop complaining. Maybe one you will get it.

*Sliding trombone sound effect*

maybe french horns.

A very Interesting choice, but not surprising considering his rich history at the Boston Crusaders. I also marched with him in the corps as well and remember him as a very passionate guy. I also found his bio at http://inspirearts.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/Inspire-Board-Biographies-2015-04.pptx. Here is that copied below:

Work Experience:

-Christopher Holland is a practicing attorney and former Assistant Attorney General in Massachusetts. Chris specializes in criminal and civil litigation throughout the District and Superior Courts in Massachusetts.
-He has successfully defended criminal cases in matters involving: OUI alcohol and drugs, multiple offense OUI cases, domestic violence, misdemeanor and felony battery charges, home contractor/fraud violations (prosecuted by the Attorney General’s Office), and drug distribution and possessory offenses.
-He has litigated breach of contract disputes, violations of M.G.L.c93A/176D, and tort cases and successfully argued motions for summary judgment in the Land Court.
-Chris was admitted to U.S. District Court of Massachusetts, December, 2010 and has experience in federal e-filing and bankruptcy e-filing.
History:
-Chris is no stranger to music or performing arts. He was Director of Bands in Norwood from 1998 to 2002, where his performing groups received superior ratings and performed at Boston Symphony Hall, Tanglewood and the Hatch Shell.
-His 9 years as a member of the Boston Crusaders culminated with his service as drum major. He continued his involvement as a brass instructor for the Boston Crusaders, Carolina Crown, and the Phantom Regiment, where he served as Brass Caption Head in 2001.
-Chris joined the Board of Directors in 2012 and is a member of the Executive Committee.
Education/interests:
-Born and raised in Boston, Chris is a graduate of Boston Latin Academy.
-Chris earned his BA in music from the University of Massachusetts at Amherst and his JD from the New England School of Law in 2006.
-When he’s not working, Chris enjoys ice hockey, music, and spending time with his family.

Unless I'm mistaken, this would make the Boston Crusaders new Corps Director one of the youngest, if not, THE youngest Corps Directors in all of the World Class Division. ( 35)

Unless I'm mistaken, this would make the Boston Crusaders new Corps Director one of the youngest, if not, THE youngest Corps Directors in all of the World Class Division. ( 35)

Check your math - does that mean he was also the youngest Brass Caption Head in 2001 @ 14? Quite a prodigy this guy is.

Edited by copyright