Carolina Crown 2016

Judging is so nuts. When I look at Crown 2014 and Cadets 2015 placements, it leaves me scratching my head. The brass book for Crown OOTW was OOTW. Cadets 2015 were just superhuman.

As good as Crown was is 2014, BD was even better. In fact, I didn't even think it was close when I heard them on Saturday night. I was surprised Crown was ONLY 0.1 behind in brass, even though they were clearly the top two horn lines that night.

Anyways, I spent some time this weekend re-listening to Crown's 2009-2015 shows. There's not an "off" show from an entertainment or musical performance aspect in the whole bunch. Their design staff does a heck of a job year-in, year-out. No matter what Crown is playing in 2016, I'm looking forward to hearing it.

• Like 1

Then maybe you shouldn't have typed anything.

Understandable and good advice. I believe it is a privilege to be able to attend an open practice. You have to respect the wishes of the organization. If they don't want information shared, then we have no right to share it. Folks can say otherwise, but the corps also have the right to close their rehearsals to the public. If that ever were to occur, it would be a huge loss. Thankfully, the overwhelming majority comply with the wishes of the corps.

I believe the intended message from the poster was their excitement for what Crown may put on the field this year. Even without knowing a thing about what their program may be, I share that excitement. We're just going to have to wait to open the presents and be surrpised. That's part of the fun! We just need to be mindful of not spoiling the surprise.

• Like 2

Understandable and good advice. I believe it is a privilege to be able to attend an open practice. You have to respect the wishes of the organization. If they don't want information shared, then we have no right to share it. Folks can say otherwise, but the corps also have the right to close their rehearsals to the public. If that ever were to occur, it would be a huge loss. Thankfully, the overwhelming majority comply with the wishes of the corps.

I believe the intended message from the poster was their excitement for what Crown may put on the field this year. Even without knowing a thing about what their program may be, I share that excitement. We're just going to have to wait to open the presents and be surrpised. That's part of the fun! We just need to be mindful of not spoiling the surprise.

Concur.

As good as Crown was is 2014, BD was even better. In fact, I didn't even think it was close when I heard them on Saturday night. I was surprised Crown was ONLY 0.1 behind in brass, even though they were clearly the top two horn lines that night.

Anyways, I spent some time this weekend re-listening to Crown's 2009-2015 shows. There's not an "off" show from an entertainment or musical performance aspect in the whole bunch. Their design staff does a heck of a job year-in, year-out. No matter what Crown is playing in 2016, I'm looking forward to hearing it.

Agree on BD 2014. I saw them late season at the TOC show in NJ, and my thought at the time was it was BD and then everybody else. That corps in 2014 might be the best corps I have ever seen, both show design and performance.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I know it's early (especially for CC) but does anyone know the show concept...

Something wonderful I'm sure. Don't they usually release info late March/early April?