Phantom Regiment 2016

I believe ( could be wrong ) that the 27th Lancers were the first DCI Corps to do so.. back in the 70's ( or maybe it was in the 60's,.. pre DCI ? ). I wonder also if the Kilties may have done so at one time... pre DCI too.

Yah, I forgetfully left out the word "modern" and corrected myself in post 246 later.

Edited by xandandl
  • Like 1

Yah, I forgetfully left out the word "modern" and corrected myself in post 246 later.

Yes, did see that now... cool.

This is a much better version. It still seems to have the sap that PR has grown fond of. If orchestrated differently it could be ok without being overly gooey

It was written by Phillippe Rombi. COGEN is the acronym of the orchestra that performed it in one version out on YouTube that was originally posted here. I do admit that that performance isn't very good.

Here is the original version that is from the soundtrack to Joyeux Noël, a French film about the Christmas Eve Truce of 1914.

(Now that I think of it, it sounds kind of like something out of a Christmas movie...)

This is a much better version. It still seems to have the sap that PR has grown fond of. If orchestrated differently it could be ok without being overly gooey

it's rather...thin if you know what i mean. not a fan of this piece. though i can see why it was chosen considering Hebron's show. it's just...uninspired.

• Like 1

There are 3 versions on the film soundtrack. A short solo piano version. The "songiest" version above. And then a version that is nearly identical to above except Chorale Scale "murmures et vocalises" ... . whispers and vocalize without words.

I would rather listen to two fighting cats than a bagpiper.

I'll take bagpipes on the field over electronic keyboards any day.

It's been played a total of 3 times in DCI and never were they back 2 back. (2000,2008,and 2014)

SO MANY TIMES GOOD GRIEF </sarcasm>

I thought the Seattle Cascades played "The Chairman Dances" last year; but it was "Short Ride On A Fast Machine." Sorry, peeps. Yep, good grief on me. :doh::lle:

Edited by corps8294

Great lineup! Can't wait to see how they tie it all together. (Some of my most favorite (ahem 2003, 1993) shows are when they throw a seemingly disparate group of tunes in a blender.)

Mike

Hope they have better luck with it than Dan Ackroyd did with the Bass-O-Matic.