Spirit of Atlanta

Not back pedaling at all. I'm saying that I wouldn't consider 11th or 12th to be any sort of major accomplishment considering the quality of corps I've seen grab these placements before. Let us not forget Glassmen 2010 making finals. Should we consider that corps to have been a success with such a weak hornline?

Wow. You're a keeper. I actually really enjoy that show. Spirits 2011 - 2013 shows featured fun, easy to get themes, a fantastic hornline, and a great drumline and guard that made audiences go nuts. If that isn't success. I dunno what is.

Wonder how long this thread will last. Obviously there is something going on behind the scenes that isn't public yet. I don't think anyone is gonna come on here and discuss it.

Not back pedaling at all. I'm saying that I wouldn't consider 11th or 12th to be any sort of major accomplishment considering the quality of corps I've seen grab these placements before. Let us not forget Glassmen 2010 making finals. Should we consider that corps to have been a success with such a weak hornline?

Any Corps performing on Saturday night is a success. Why should so many strive so hard for that 12th slot? Why do we spend so much time trying to predict who that final Corps will be?

• Like 1

Wow. You're a keeper. I actually really enjoy that show. Spirits 2011 - 2013 shows featured fun, easy to get themes, a fantastic hornline, and a great drumline and guard that made audiences go nuts. If that isn't success. I dunno what is.

Wonder how long this thread will last. Obviously there is something going on behind the scenes that isn't public yet. I don't think anyone is gonna come on here and discuss it.

There is no reason to take this thread down because nothing inflammatory has been said. Spirit's guard has always been meh and held them back from the scores they truly deserve. I can remember a competition in 2010 when Spirit's guard lost to Pioneer's.

Any Corps performing on Saturday night is a success. Why should so many strive so hard for that 12th slot? Why do we spend so much time trying to predict who that final Corps will be?

80 percent of the discussion leading up to finals is who will win the championship. The other 20 percent is who those last corps will be.

There is no reason to take this thread down because nothing inflammatory has been said. Spirit's guard has always been meh and held them back from the scores they truly deserve. I can remember a competition in 2010 when Spirit's guard lost to Pioneer's.

80 percent of the discussion leading up to finals is who will win the championship. The other 20 percent is who those last corps will be.

Counted them up, huh? I would guesstimate closer to 60/40 or even 50/50 when you throw in the OC Forum threads about which OC Corps may make Finals.

What a bulls**t topic, but if you must know...the alumni is pulling together and that's all I'll say. Bye the way, I was part of some of those years where we actually beat Cadets, Phantom, Madison, Cavies, and others in drums throughout the year. Yeah, those crappy scores are what defined my seasons!

• Like 6

1. Few corps are able to maintain the consistency that corps like BD, Cadets, SCV, cavaliers have had over the last 30 years. Cavaliers are going through a rough patch, and SCV hasn't medaled in a while but have only finished out of the top 5, 5 times since their last gold. But overall the corps at the top of the activity in the 80s still are at the top, and we have seen new corps get thrown up there.

2. In a time when many corps have folded, we should be fortunate that older corps like spirit, crossmen, boston, madison, blue stars, etc. Are still active and competitive. Considering that the 90s weren't kind to spirit, im just happy they made it back from that brink.

3. This thread should be closed since OP's questions can be answered by reading the spirit thread. And its my understanding thatvwe wont know anything new (and credible) until we hear it from spirit.

• Like 3

Counted them up, huh? I would guesstimate closer to 60/40 or even 50/50 when you throw in the OC Forum threads about which OC Corps may make Finals.

Sorry but he is right. This forum doesn't give a #### about those lowering placing corps in finals and creams the pants for the top 5. All season the talks were based on what the spreads are between the top with a few of us (mainly alums of the groups) talking about the bottom quarter of finals. Look at the finals thread and after scores you would only think 4 corps existed.